It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
(female)

littlemissie HB User
Just diagnosed, what can I do?

i had never heard of hpv untill recently i have just been diagnosed of hpv on my cervix i dont realy no any think about it except that it can turn cancerous and that i am a low risk and have just been told to go back for a coloscopy next year in january thats a year away surely thats too long to leave it with out monotoring it at all i have not been told that there is any treatment what can i do?

Old 02-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #2
(female)

georgiasamich HB User
Re: Just diagnosed, what can I do?

Hi there,

when I was told I had HPV I was advised to have a checkup every four months. I had a colposcopy done twice at 4 and 8 monts after I found out and then it was decided that it was progressing so I had cryotherapy where they froze my cervix and about a year after that it cleared up and I have had two checkups since where I have been clear.

Just so you know there are over 100 different types of HPV and only a few of them progress to cancer. some others can give you warts. I'm not sure what all the others do but it is in your best interest to be aggressive with it because you don't know what yours will do yet. I would say waiting a year to do anything is too long. usually, it is a slow progressing virus but sometimes it can move along faster.

I believe if your virus is concentrated on your cervix and not spread too much that they can also scrape the top layer of your cervix to remove the bad cells.

It has been a little bit since I've gone over any treatment options but there are ways to treat it. Like I said, I had cryo done and while it hurt a lot it was worth it. It also gave me two months of a clear liquid discharge but that is just a small price to pay for good health.

good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread