It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
(male)

protege311 HB User
Some questions, just "diagnosed"

First sorry I cross-posted this, I didn't realize there was a dedicated HPV forum. Anyway..

Went to the doctor at my school and I got them which I kinda had a feeling I did. I am upset about this because I always used protection and obviously it failed me. Now I have to deal with this issue all the while dating this girl and making sure it doesn't go too far. The doc said I had a decent amount and that I should see a dermatologist but probably wouldnt get an apointment for months. So I said that it was unacceptable and had her freeze them with liquid nitrogen. She warned me about skin discoloration but I didn't care. I mean seriously, what am I going to walk around for months with warts down there.

Anyway, that was an hour ago and now they look a lot more prominent due to swelling. I don't really know where I am going with this but is there anything I should know and is my sex life over... I mean I know they can come back, but is it possible to be wart free? Do they go away on there own after a while even if I didn't have treatment. I am semi-bugging out, although I probably deserve it I've had a lot of partners. Any help/support would be greatly appreciated, I can't talk to my friends or family about this.

I also wanted to ask if anyone else had cryotherapy done and the time course for when the warts fell out or whatnot. The doctor I saw was OK, did not really lecture me on sex or anything - really didn't even make it out to a big deal other than that she hasnt really done much cryotherapy with genital warts and that I have a decent amount of them. FML

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Some questions, just "diagnosed"

Condoms do not necessarily protect against HPV (low risk or high risk) because HPV is transmitted by skin to skin contact (vulva, vagina, cervix, penis, anus/rectum, mouth/throat). It isn't transmitted by body fluids. Condoms are important to help protect against many other STDs (and possible pregnancy), but they are not effective against everything. Using condoms for "safe sex" is really using them for "safER sex".

Closed Thread