It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
(female)

foreignphotos HB User
Podofilox Success Rates?

I was just diagnosed with GW this past week. I am devastated and disgusted with myself. I'm harboring a lot of anger at myself, but, that's not what this thread is about..

My doctor prescribed Podofilox Topical Solution for me to use.

Has anyone else been prescribed this? What were your results?

I'm only asking because I've been using it for two days and it seems to have made the GW larger and much more noticeable than before?

Is this normal? If they are going to keep getting bigger, I'm not sure I still want to use it?

What about homeopathic remedies? Have you tried any natural remedies? What were your results and what did you use?

Thanks so much!

The following user gives a hug of support to foreignphotos:
Switch96 (01-17-2011)
Old 01-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
(female)

Melissaheart HB User
Re: Podofilox Success Rates?

How are things going now, I havent tried anything yet, Ive been using raw potatoes and aloe vera and taking vitamins..I need a prescription so I'm going tomorrow just wanted to know what to get or what to ask her for..Im scared to try aldara and what you were prescribed I hate pain..Its right on my **** Im scared to have that burned sigh.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Melissaheart
foreignphotos (01-13-2011), Switch96 (01-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
(female)

foreignphotos HB User

Hey, it's been a while since I've been here, but let me share with you my experiences.

The podofilox worked excellent for me. It's very caustic and abrasive to the skin, so it does hurt quite a lot actually, but it worked wonders for me. My boyfriend didn't have any luck with it though.

I've also tried red wine vinegar. It takes a while, but it does work. What I did was I soaked the pad part of a band-aid with it and just put it over my GW. It took about 2 weeks to make the big one go away.

The podofilox takes three days and for three days after it is sore and open. I didn't have any problems with scarring. I have scars, but they aren't really that noticeable. My doc said that a lot of people have problems healing properly from it.

I'd say, give it a shot and if you find that you don't like it or that it doesn't work for you don't use it and see if there is another topical agent available.

I hope this helps you.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
(female)

foreignphotos HB User

Also I forgot to add that red wine vinegar burns a little but it doesn't hurt nearly like the podofilox. I've heard nothing but horror stories about Aldara. Also you can use apple cider vinegar. I actually I have a whole list of homeopathic stuff, if you'd like it.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
(female)

Melissaheart HB User

Thanks for replying I was actually on my way to bed when I got the notification. its good to hear that it worked for you, I may give it a try I was just afraid because of the location of the wart. right under my clitoris and its growing

Have you heard or tried veregen? The 3 days it worked for you sounds wonderful though, I know everyone is different but I love to read positive things it helps.

Also you can share some of your homepathic remedies that would be helpful, whenever you have time.

I was going to try the onions lol the banana peel and the garlic, good thing im single who would want to smell all of that..Id try anything right about now.

Have a good night and hope you boyfriend finds something that helps him

Last edited by Melissaheart; 01-13-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
(female)

foreignphotos HB User

I have never heard of veregen.

Here are the homeopathic things I've come across;

40 crushed aspirin 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar 1/2 tablespoon Tea Tree oil 1/2 Castor Oil

Apple cider vinegar, applied to the warts and covered with tape. Continue until warts are gone.
Simple duct tape, applied over the warts and left for 6 days. Repeat until the warts are gone.
Castor oil, applied to the warts and continued until gone.
Potato skin rubbed onto the warts twice daily. A chemical in the potato is said to remove warts.
Banana peel, cut piece and place on warts. Cover and repeat until gone.
Clear nail polish or cold cream, applied to the wart daily until gone.
Iodine, applied to the warts and continued until gone.
Hydrogen Peroxide, applied to the warts several times daily until gone.
Vitamin A, rubbed into the warts twice daily until gone.
Vitamin C, crushed and made into a paste. Apply to wart and cover with bandage.
Tea tree oil, a plant extract applied to the warts and covered until gone.
Thuja, a herbal extract applied in the form of an oil. Apply directly to the wart until gone.
Aloe vera gel, applied in a thin layer over the warts. Repeat until gone.

Lots of different stuff there.

Hey, the vinegar was really smelly too, but my boyfriend and I don't live together, so it's all good. I hope some of this helps you. Let me know what you end up using and what ends up working for you.

Hope I helped!

Last edited by moderator2; 01-15-2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites

Old 01-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #7
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User

As someone who has been asymptomatic for about seven months now, I will vouch in favor of Aldara. This isn't to say it didn't give me some problems... this is a topical medication that was originally used to fight skin cancer, it can be harsh. I did get minor open lesions where the cream was applied and had to stop usage when my skin became to sensitive. I also got a pretty horrendous yeast infection part way through my month-long regimen, but that was resolved with one course of Diflucan.

I think that most people who struggle with Aldara do so because their treatment methods are too aggressive. Their docs may or may not have told them to cease treatment when they got too sore. Yes, the cream is erosive, but I will vouch in its favor. Aladara + a vitamin regimen of women's ultra mega, additional vitamin A, folic acid, L-lysene, and ample food and exercise has had some pretty stellar results since my diagnosis a year ago.

Hang in there, folks. If I can get through it, anyone can.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
(female)

foreignphotos HB User

The stories I've heard about Aldara is that it makes the GW more numerous. That's why I personally would never use it. Podofilox is pretty erosive too. You end up with lesions that make it hard to wear underwear and walk. Not fun at all.

Have you ever had them surgically/laser removed? I think my boyfriend is going to look into that because he can't seem to stay on a regimen.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:00 AM   #9
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User

It is only in a few cases that the warts get worse before they get better. Those are usually the cases where a person will have to have two month-long applications of Aldara until they go away. For me, they were completely gone by the end of my first month-long treatment. It varies from person to person, really. My doctors recommended Aldara because it augments the localized immune system, spurring one's own body to target infectious genetic material. By reducing the concentration of viral DNA, the symptoms go away. Clinical trials documenting the success of Aldara are available, and may be more informative than anecdotes. The official website also addresses many of these issues and has a gallery of before, during, and after photos associated with its usage. In truth, any treatment can cause warts to get worse. It really depends on the person being treated, as each individual responds differently to each treatment.

As for laser treatments and surgery, I have never had those done before. The only other treatment I had was trichloraceitic acid...or however it is spelled... TCA for short. The results were slow, and I switched to Aldara a week after my last TCA session. My doctor advised against laser surgery and excision due to the risk of deep scarring, burns, and pain. Those treatments also do not target the embedded virus itself, just the symptom of the virus. No matter what, if you want your body to develop an immune memory against HPV, it is necessary to dedicate yourself to a healthy regimen of proper diet, supplementation, and stress reduction.

The Aldara (Imiquimod) trial I was referencing is available via the National Institute of Health. It is entitled...

"Imiquimod for the treatment of genital warts: a quantitative and systematic review" by J Andrew Moore, Jayne E Edwards, Jennie Hopwood, and David Hicks. This is the article that convinced me to go ahead with the treatment. Copy the title in any search engine and it should come up.

As for Podofilox, I would be happy to sniff around for a similar study and will share it in this thread as soon as I find one. I'm sure there is one out there. It is just a matter of digging it up. It will be good to know exactly what Podofilox is all about before going ahead with that treatment as well.

Best wishes!

Last edited by Switch96; 01-21-2011 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Found an article to share

Closed Thread