It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
(female)

Graves54 HB User
Posting my daughters pap results HPV?

First paper saysCytyc Thin Prep Pap-vaginal/cervical/endocervical....Epithelial Cell Abnormality:...Atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance.

HPV DNA testing was ordered requested and results are included.

Nex paper at the top says HPV on ThinPrep with Pap:

High Risk 31...borderline
High Risk 39...Positive
High Risk 45...postive

The others were all Negative.... So I'm thinking the Atypical squamous cells on the first paper mentioned means that it is the HPV.

What do you all think. It's a month before I can get her to a gyno. I told her to take vitamins and eat right etc. no stress.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
(female)

sarberrie HB Usersarberrie HB Usersarberrie HB Usersarberrie HB User
Re: Posting my daughters pap results HPV?

well luckily, the types of HPV she appears to have are not the ones most responsible for genital warts or cervical cancer. So, I would recommend her getting the gardasil shot and make sure she continues to use condoms and practice safe sex.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves54 View Post
So I'm thinking the Atypical squamous cells on the first paper mentioned means that it is the HPV.
Atypical squamous cells means that the cells on the outer cervix (squamous cells) are atypical (abnormal).

Folic acid is also important in the health of the cervix, so she can increase that, too.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:12 AM   #4
(female)

Graves54 HB User

Thank you. She is living with boyfriend. I will check on the Gardisal shots. Was also thinking it might protect her still. Think she got it last year.

Will get her some folic acid, vitamin C. She is taking her vitamins she said.

I am glad that this HPV is not high risk for cancer or warts, but that doctor scared her when he said high risk for cancer. Doctors

Old 02-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves54 View Post
I am glad that this HPV is not high risk for cancer or warts, but that doctor scared her when he said high risk for cancer. Doctors
Maybe I didn't make that clear. The atypical cells are caused by HPV (from what I understsand) and are precancerous.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
(female)

sarberrie HB Usersarberrie HB Usersarberrie HB Usersarberrie HB User

Those cells are not necessarily precancerous. They may just be abnormal due to hpv. Abnormal does not equal precancerous. The results said abnormal due to undetermined significance. She will probably have to have a colposcopy after she sees the gyno to determine how abnormal the cells are and how to next proceed. depending on the abnormality of the cells she will either be put on a wait and watch schedule and have repeat paps every 4-6 months, or she may have to have the cells removed. And yes, while the strains she has are high risk for cervical cancer, none of the strains she has are the 2 that are responsible for 70% of cervical cancer cases.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:53 AM   #7
(female)

Graves54 HB User

Okay thank you all so much. I'm just an overly worried mother.LOL I did look up and see what atypical means.

She has an appointment with a gyno March 8th. She was on medicaid, and she moved out so we gotta get her back on it hopefully.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #8
(female)

Graves54 HB User

[QUOTE=Graves54;4175851]First paper saysCytyc Thin Prep Pap-vaginal/cervical/endocervical....Epithelial Cell Abnormality:...Atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance.

HPV DNA testing was ordered requested and results are included.

Nex paper at the top says HPV on ThinPrep with Pap:

High Risk 31...borderline
High Risk 39...Positive
High Risk 45...postive

I LEFT OUT ONE HERE....SHE HAS HPV 16 TOO.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

starryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB User

Quote:
And yes, while the strains she has are high risk for cervical cancer, none of the strains she has are the 2 that are responsible for 70% of cervical cancer cases.

Those two are?

Old 04-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

What I have read on CDC website that 16 and 18 together cause 70% of cervical cancers.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

starryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB User

Thank you! I just wonder why ALL test/lab results don't state which of the types have been found when HPV effects are present.

The one in particular my niece had just claims it detects thirteen high-risk types. Couldn't they be more specific and list what she has exactly?

Closed Thread