It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
(female)

kaylie444 HB User
possible hpv?

Does an abnormal pap absolutely mean you have HPV? I recently had an abnormal pap and my gyno went right to saying I had HPV without any testing, so I asked for an HPV test, before jumping to any conclusions. I know theres a high chance, but does it ABSOLUTELY mean I have hpv?

I have only had two sexual partners and the first was a virgin and the second was tested before we started dating. Can you contract hpv through oral sex?

Old 02-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
(female)

tiamarie33 HB User
Re: possible hpv?

There is no test for hpv for males. The only thing they can do is diagnose warts which would mean he had low risk hpv. He can have both high risk and/or low risk even without warts or symptoms and never know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

HPV can be contracted through various sexual activities that involve skin to skin contact between the vulva, vagina, cervix, penis, anus/rectum, mouth/throat. So yes, HPV can be contracted through oral sex.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
(female)

rain791 HB User

I had an abnormal pap, and they said that to me too, but when my test came back I didn't.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:12 AM   #5
(female)

az2002 HB User

You can have an abnormal pap and it not be HPV. An abnormal pap means there are changes detected, could be recent sex, or a yeast infection. They can do an HPV test and should. Keep in mind there is not test for men for HPV unless they have an active wart so be wary of men that say they have been tested. Most men aren't aware that HPV isn't a something that can be tested for and automatically assume they were tested for it. Also, keep in mind that this is very common.

Closed Thread