It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
(female)

clc0230 HB User
Unhappy Low Risk HPV, how do i tell my partner???

im 19 years old 20 dis year...... have been diagnosed with hpv, which im guessing is only low risk because i have warts. They are not that bad very small, an not visible unless u look very closesly....doctor wonders how i see them.....
i know for a fact who infected me, because i notice they had a small wart, ask wat it was but was told its nothing.... this was when i was 16...

last year was wen i notice the wart on myself, went an saw the doc who told me what it was, an from then being having the freezing treatment, which has worked very well... have been wart from for the last 3 months...so im jus praying that it will remain that way, but it is not certain, this i know.

since the brake out, only had the freezing treatment,doctors didnt say anything about any regular check ups..... whould i be having them donw???

My dilemma is ive been in a long distance relationship since last year also which started 4 months after my breake out of warts.... i have not yet disclosed this with my partner, he travels alot, has recenly made home in another country, and wants me to move with him, get married, have kids, and have a happy home.....

We have not yet had sexual intercourse of any kind, but he is planning to to travel back soon so we can finally have that precious moment....

For the last month, ive had sleepless night not knowing what to do, i wanna tell him but i dont know how to do it, what to say him.....

He is very inquisitive....
Should i explain it on the basis that, i have a virus that can cause me to have cervical cancer, or going to full detail that it causes warts.... will it do him any harm, such as cancer......

Should i tell him over the fone???
by email???
or wait till he gets here to have sex with me???

i'm very stuck, im so in love with this guy, but dont know how to tell him, or when.....

Please advice is need URGENTLY!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
(female)

pennysaver HB User
Re: Low Risk HPV, how do i tell my partner???

I believe there are only a few types that can cause cancer, like 3. I don't believe the wart type causes cancer.

I am not sure what advice to give you. I told my ex and it did not go over well. But I do think sharing is important.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
(female)

clc0230 HB User

Thanks for the advice, i think so too... but im jus really scared f his reaction an lately there's been so many arguments, find myself pushing him away.

i guess it wuld be better to brake up than tell him this....

Old 04-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
(female)

lena88 HB User

Dear Clc0230
this is very strange! because I am in exact situation! I am seeing someone long distance, we didnt have sexual contact yet. I do have HPV warts, and have no idea how to tell him, i would be heart broken if that would turn him off, but other way i think it would show if he really cares. Also i would not want to get him infected, because i care for him so much! ehhh what do we do. I have been treated few times with the acid but, they do come back after few weeks/months, my doctor said that shaving might spread them even more. I dont see myself not shaving at all! i am really stressed, about our first time, because i dont know when or how im going to tell him! Help anyone!

Old 05-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
(female)

clc0230 HB User
Talking Re: Low Risk HPV, how do i tell my partner???

Hey sorry, late reply....... after posting my message a while ago, without any help with how to do it, i sat down an thought about it....
If i dont tell him and he get infected, how will he react????
If i do tell him, will he walk away..... but i dont want him to leave...!

i dont know how i did it but i found the courage to call him and tell him....
he had no clue wat it i was talking about.... i explained it on the basis in simple terms of wat it was.... yet he was still confused....

He then sought medical advise from his personal Dr. who advised him of what it was.....

During this time i was feeling really insecure, unsure of what was going to happen.....!

a couple days later, he sat down with me on the fone, and said to me that he loves me and no matter what it is he will always be here what eva the worse case is, even if worse comes to worse, high risk hpv, he will still be here...

From that point we never spoke about it again, we talk about sex as normal, and we are still together, marriage and kids are still are main topic of conversation.....

So..... hun, its down to you, its best to let him know, give him a choice..... cause the worse thing is to be together for so long and then years down the line find out u kept sumthing like that a secret.... just what my partner said....

Let me know what you decide & gud luck

Closed Thread