It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
(female)

TG1084 HB User
High risk HPV and abnormal paps for almost 3 years now!!

Okay, I am quite frustrated so trying to get some advice on what I should do next.

I had my annual last week and my pap came back, ONCE AGAIN, abnormal due to my high risk HPV. My doctor wants to keep on the same thing we've been doing, which is keeping a close eye and keeping regular appts. She wants to do another pap in 3 months and a colposcopy. I am starting to get a little worried about these colposcopies b/c I have had two already. I also had cryosurgery about 1.5-2 years ago. I love my doctor; she is extremely knowledgeable and has been very helpful throughout this whole thing.

This is just beyond frustrating to me b/c I have not had many sexual partners, am only 25, eat right, exercise religiously, take vitamins, etc. I believe my first abnormal pap started around May/June 2007 and it seriously has been abnormal every time since then. For the past 2 years I have been getting them about every 3 months.

Should I just do the LEEP now, or just keep doing paps every 3 months and colpos every 6 months?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
(female)

gigem27 HB User
Re: High risk HPV and abnormal paps for almost 3 years now!!

I am 25 and around December my pap came back abnormal with high risk HPV. I had a coposcopy/biopsy and my Dr. said I am at stage 3. He recommend having the LEEP proedure done. This past Thursday, I had the LEEP procedure done. It was not bad at all. My Dr. said there is a 93% chance that I will never have an issue again especially since I am young. I have a check up in about 2 weeks to make sure the good skin is heal right and then I will have a coposcopy in about a yr to make sure everything is gone.

Being under 30, our bodies can fight off the HPV. I am praying that everything has been taken care of for good. I would highly recommend the LEEP procedure of your Dr. sees any Dysplasia. My Dr. said it would have taken me about 12 years to progress to Cancer..progresses extremely slow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread