It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
(female)

rudyk HB User
leep question

hi! had leep done thursday after colposcopy showed cin1 and cin 2. doctor told me during this procedure that i had "0 chance of having cancer" how does she know this? can i relax alittle about my leep pathology?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: leep question

I don't know how your doctor can know this. I'm sure your doctor suspects you are VERY low risk for developing cancer, though. That is generally reassuring.

Since you had your colpo on Thursday, I'd suggest you call your doctor's office starting on Tuesday to ask if the pathology reports are in for your colpo (assuming your doctor took some sort of a tissue sample). If the results aren't in, then call once a day until the results are in. That's what I did. Me calling them helped me feel I had some power versus waiting for them to call me.

I hope you are feeling well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
(female)

rudyk HB User

hi pickle eyes! thanks for your reply. you certainly seem knowledgable from your other posts! actually i had my leep on thursday, at that time is when the doctor said that. the colposcopy i had 2 weeks ago with biopsies showed cin 1 and cin 2. thank you for giving so many women on this board encouragment.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
(female)

gigem27 HB User

I had the LEEP done on Friday and my Dr. said it would have taken me about 12 years to progress to Cancer. I have stage 3. He said it progresses extremely slow. I asked him if the HPV can make another spot pop up somewhere else and he said no he is taking out all the bad stuff. It would have shown on your Coposcopy if you had cancer.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Thank you Rudy!

and Gig 'em, Gigem27!

It isn't completely accurate that cancer will show on a colposcopy. I had adenocarcinoma Ia1 and never had a bad pap. Nothing showed up on my colposcopy. The colposcopy only looks at the outer cervix. The outer cervix only make up about 30% of the cervix. The remaining cervix can be sampled by an ECC (endocervical curettage).

Closed Thread