It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
(female)

efda HB User
HVP , im really scared please help

I am a 26 years old female.

a little history
had abnormal pap and had colp in april 2008 and was told that i have mild dypsplayia then my doctor suggested to have paps every 3 months.Since then i had three normal paps and this last pap it was abnormal and I test postivie for hvp and had ascus. Now i ask the nurse in 2008 did i have hpv and see told me yes. I was so shocked and upset to say the least because i was never told about hpv. I am worried that its has turned into moderate dysplasia or even worse. Not mention i am engaged and my fiancee has been faithful so have I. His is worried for himself and me. Any advice would help to ease my mind. I am going to have a second colp by the end of this month.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
(female)

Danil HB User
Re: HVP , im really scared please help

Hello, I am going thr4ough the same type of thing. Only I have had High risk HPV with ASCUS results for about 3 years. I just recently turned 21 and go for another pap this Friday. If it comes back abnormal, they will be doing a colp. and biopsy.
As my doctor told me, ASCUS is the most mild and common change in cervical cells. She also said that it takes many many years for it to develop into cancer.
Also, HPV can like dormant for a long time before it shows up in a pap test (as abnormal cells)
I know exactly how you feel though! I have dealt with it for 3 years now and it still scared me a lot, even though I know there is really nothing to be worried about. As long as you now stay up to date on you pap tests and do what the dr. says you should be fine. 80% of sexually active people have some form of HPV.
It usually goes away on its own with a healthy lifestyle.(about 70% of the time )
If you smoke, it increases your chances of it getting worse.
As hard as it is to not worry about it, its really the only thing you can do.
Also, It will not affect your fiancee.
Hope this helped. If you need anything else let me know. I feel pretty educated about this because I have done A LOT of research on it!
Just try to not worry too much about it!

???Did you have a biopsy already?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread