It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
(female)

IWGB1805 HB User
It's that time again...

Hi all,

I was diagnosed in March of 09 with high risk HPV. I'm scheduled for my next pap March 31. I hate when it gets to that three month mark...I get so nervous about the pap and waiting 2 weeks for my results!! This is soo scary!! I hate being in the waiting room, waiting for those results. I hope it clears! I know I got it from my current boyfriend and we've been together two years now...so I'm estimating that I've had it for that long. I just want it to clear. I'm so worried about cell changes and cervical cancer. So far my cells have been normal (except once they said they looked abnormal...they did my second colposcopy and said it was due to a yeast infection, so my cells were normal). I've had paps every three months and two coloposcopies so far. So frightening.

It helps to know others are going through it. But I just want it to clear. I've been taking folic acid supplements as I've heard that may help. I'm not sure. I'll do anything at this point. I've also heard that using condoms can help it clear, as well? I am on the pill but I am considering going off of them and using condoms. anything that will make this clear.

Thanks for reading.

M

Old 03-18-2010, 05:38 AM   #2
(female)

Noria HB User
Re: It's that time again...

You might be interested in these abstracts:

[ DELETED ]

My partner and I might use condoms. Good luck.

Additional Information:

Articles linking Folic Acid and Cervical Dysplasia are numerous. There are studies claiming that prolonged use of birth control pills can lower folate levels. Somehow low folate levels are correlated with cervical dysplasia incidence in women with HPV. Some studies claim that low folate levels are correlated with aberrant DNA methylation.

Do take folic acid supplements.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-18-2010 at 06:20 AM. Reason: This board ss for your own writing only. Please do not post material from other sources. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
(female)

Noria HB User
Re: It's that time again...

They deleted the published abstracts I posted earlier. That's ridiculous. I really question HB's motivation.

ANYHOW,

Some studies show that condom use can promote regression of cervical dysplasia and reduction of viral load. You could choose use condoms until you get a normal pap smear result. Keep in mind that your normal pap smear does not necessarily mean that your partner has successfully suppressed his HPV infection.

You can check out all HPV and cervical dysplasia related published articles on PubMed courtesy of U.S National Library of Medicine. Type in queries such as cervical dysplasia, HPV, folic acid and HPV, Diindolylmethane and HPV, clearance of HPV, condom use and HPV, and combination of search words.

Best wishes,

Last edited by Noria; 03-18-2010 at 07:09 AM.

Closed Thread