It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2010, 08:44 AM   #1
(female)

littlepaws HB User
hpv results confusion!!

I spoke with my doctors office and they want to send me to a gyno. The person I spoke with did not seem very knowledgeable about the hpv results. I obtained a copy of the report and is says the following:

High risk positive A negative
=g

Is this a positive result??? It is very confusing the way it's worded and the person did not seem to know what she was talking about. Pap came back slightly abnormal for a second time, she told me she would send be to a gyno if it came back the same. I'm very worried and confused....please respond!!

Thanks!!

Last edited by littlepaws; 03-27-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: spacing

Old 03-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: hpv results confusion!!

Holw old are you? Your age could change the type of advice we suggest. Secondly, have you spoken with your doctor about the results? If not, I suggest you get an appointment with him/her to ask some specific questions. If they aren't willing to schedule you with the doctor, then get a second opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
(female)

littlepaws HB User

I'm 34. I have an appointment with the gynocologist next week. Maybe my family doc is over reacting. The nurse in the office is on vacation. Hopefully gyno will be able to answer my questions, but I hate the waiting and worrying game. The results seem confusing and I really don't think the person I spoke with in the office really knew what she was looking at. I don't understand why it would say positive and negative, usually results aren't given with both on the report. Any thoughts??

Old 03-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
(female)

littlepaws HB User

I saw the gynocologist and had the colposcopy. He didn't see much to be concerned about. I feel much better now. He said prob will just to repeat paps more often for the next year or so. He doesn't think it will cause me any problems. I am so relieved! The procedure didn't hurt at all. I was very surprised and relieved by that. If anyone else is about to have this procedure, try not to freak out, it's not bad at all!!

Old 03-30-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Did your doctor explain the positive negative results that you talked about in the first post? That has me confused.

Closed Thread