It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2010, 04:23 PM  
(female)

Ms_T HB UserMs_T HB User
Question Spotting after Colposcopy

Hi Everyone,
Quick question. I had my latest colposcopy last Wednesday, I just had one biopsy and ECC. I didn't have alot of the brown discharge like last time but this time I have had a lot more spotting. A couple of days after the procedure I had a couple of big gushes of blood when I was sleeping (I assume I moved to much or something). I am just having light spotting now not even really anything on the pad. How long before I should be concerned about the spotting?
Thanks in advance.
Ivy

Old 03-29-2010, 05:09 PM  
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Spotting after Colposcopy

I think I spotted off and on for a week after my colpo + ECC.

You should be concerned if you are filling a pad per hour, or are running a fever, or have a foul discharge, or the spotting continues for more than 10-14 days (I'd think). Regardless,you might want to call your doctor's office and ask if your experience is in the "normal" range.

When do you think you'll get your results back?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2010, 05:32 PM  
(female)

Ms_T HB UserMs_T HB User

Thanks Pickle Eyes for the always excellent input and advice. I figured it was pretty normal but just wanted a "second opinion". I should have my results by Friday but the doc said he doesn't think anything will come back abnormal
Thanks again.
Ivy

Old 03-29-2010, 08:41 PM  
Senior Veteran
(female)

Let us know how it turns out, ok Ivy!

Old 04-05-2010, 04:43 AM  
(female)

Ms_T HB UserMs_T HB User

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to give a quick update. As for the spotting it stopped Wednesday exactly one week after the colpo. I received my results on Friday, benign no dysplasia. I have to have a repeat pap in six months due to the persistent hpv positive results but overall good news for sure.
Thanks for everyone's help. I am guessing I will be back in six months not that I am being negative but after all this time I am feeling like this may be somthing I have to do deal with for a while.
Ivy

Old 04-05-2010, 05:41 PM  
Senior Veteran
(female)

That IS good results. Congrats!