It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
(male)

GotInTheCar HB User
Question Lump Exam

Last week, while in the shower, I felt a lump around my anus that I've never felt before. Granted, I don't normally have my fingers in the area outside of a 5am daily shower, but this got me scared. It felt like a tiny, hard pea. I immediately feared anal cancer. (right before the shower, I took a swig of "Muscle Milk" and questioned to myself if this is what the awful stuff people have to drink before a colonoscopy....premonition?)

Upon further self-examination, the lump was internal and could not be seen on the outside. I waited a day to see if it went away, but it hadn't. There is a second much smaller lump near it.

I've shown none of the "warning signs" of having HPV, except for a stomach ache one day after eating Dominos pizza, which is nothing new. hah.

Since getting divorced, I've only been with two other girls: 1 nine months ago and 1 a few days before I felt the lump. The one days before didn't including intercourse, but did include oral sex. Is it possible that me going down on her could cause a lump in my anus within 2-3 days?

I've got an appointment with my Doctor this afternoon. I'm extremely nervous, upset and embarrassed over this situation. My wife was the first person I'd had sex with, and after much encouragement from friends and even the marriage counselor, I altered my views and actions...and now possibly this.

Is there a way for it to go away? Is this is lifetime sentence? A buddy of mine dated a girl with Herpes who gave him a sex toy to use on her to make up for not being able to have sex. Have I sealed my own fate?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User
Re: Lump Exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotInTheCar View Post
Last week, while in the shower, I felt a lump around my anus that I've never felt before. Granted, I don't normally have my fingers in the area outside of a 5am daily shower, but this got me scared. It felt like a tiny, hard pea. I immediately feared anal cancer. (right before the shower, I took a swig of "Muscle Milk" and questioned to myself if this is what the awful stuff people have to drink before a colonoscopy....premonition?)

Upon further self-examination, the lump was internal and could not be seen on the outside. I waited a day to see if it went away, but it hadn't. There is a second much smaller lump near it.

I've shown none of the "warning signs" of having HPV, except for a stomach ache one day after eating Dominos pizza, which is nothing new. hah.

Since getting divorced, I've only been with two other girls: 1 nine months ago and 1 a few days before I felt the lump. The one days before didn't including intercourse, but did include oral sex. Is it possible that me going down on her could cause a lump in my anus within 2-3 days?

I've got an appointment with my Doctor this afternoon. I'm extremely nervous, upset and embarrassed over this situation. My wife was the first person I'd had sex with, and after much encouragement from friends and even the marriage counselor, I altered my views and actions...and now possibly this.

Is there a way for it to go away? Is this is lifetime sentence? A buddy of mine dated a girl with Herpes who gave him a sex toy to use on her to make up for not being able to have sex. Have I sealed my own fate?

Number one if you went down on her, then you would have symptoms on your mouth, chin, lips, you can not devolope genital herpes unless some part of your body came into contact with her gential area, skin to skin, if you preform oral and she has HSV then you would get it orally not in the genital area. I would relax until I see the doctor, I am sure it will all turn out fine.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
(male)

GotInTheCar HB User

Thanks. Mouth area is free and clear.

Had a friend who was diagnoses with testicular cancer back in 2001. When I heard this, I realized I hadn't done a self check in quite some time. Later that afternoon, while in Suncoast Video in the mall, I randomly stumbled upon the "Tom Green Testicular Cancer Special" on dvd. I thought this may be a sign. That night in the shower, I felt a lump. Needless to say, I was freaked out. Immediately made my doctor's appointment.

A week later, after an exam and sonogram, it turned to be a sist. (harmless, i forget it that means benign or malignant.)

As you said, may not be anythign to worry about. I've got a strong immune system (rarely get sick) and try not to let stress affect me for very long or very much.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
(male)

GotInTheCar HB User

Doc says it was likely a hemmroid (sp). It wasn't there today. I guess I always thought a hemmroid was a long, vein that hung out of your anus...guess I was wrong.

We'll keep an eye..or finger...on things in the near future. In the meanwhile...I'm back on the celibacy bandwagon! lol

Old 04-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotInTheCar View Post
Doc says it was likely a hemmroid (sp). It wasn't there today. I guess I always thought a hemmroid was a long, vein that hung out of your anus...guess I was wrong.

We'll keep an eye..or finger...on things in the near future. In the meanwhile...I'm back on the celibacy bandwagon! lol
that is very good news.

Closed Thread