It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
(female)

Samjojazz HB User
Exclamation Scared TO DEATH!!

I am SOOO happy I have found this board, have been searching for answers and support since I left my OBGYN office friday.. I have a lesion on the outer aspect of my vulva I guess.. labia? It is kind of raised ( has become raised since I found it Nov 23rd), started out blackish in color ( to my eyes) and now appears purplish? It has njot become itchy, painful, not bled or anything.. just " there".. ugly looking to me.. it is about.. oh 2 cm long maybe. So, I go to my GP who tells me he doesn;t know what it is ( I don;t believe Him) and says it needs a biopsy.. NOW.. this is where it gets scary.. 1 1/2 weeks after seeing my GP, I am seeing the OBGYN ( where I live consults can take up to 2 months! so this in itself has me worrying)... so, I saw the OBGYN this past Friday.. and he says it has to come off.. he says we can wait til after Christmas.. I said.. " I will say this, if you tell me it can wait til after christmas, I will go with that, but if you think it is cancer ( he would not tell me what he thought it was either.. did not say anything.. just that he won;t know til he gets all the info), I want it off as soon as I can.. he leaves the office and comes back and tells me I am booked for THURSADAY!!! Okl I am freaked for a variety of reasons.. I am CONVINCED it is cancer.. why else would everything be happening so fast.. I also am scared of Thursday.. he is doing a " wide excisional biopsy".. I NEED to know what this is.. how much do they take? Pain afterwards.. truthfully.. this is 2 days before christmas...
I have so much anxiety and questions.. if ANYONE has gone through this, please respond or email me.. I am so scared.. by the way.. I am a 43 year old mom of 2,. I have lost alot of weight over the last few months and vomit at least ( if not more) that once a week.. for no obvious reason.

Will wait for responses.. I am just so scared of this biopsy and the pain afterwards, and of course, the results.... Please be honest with me.. I NEED to know the truth and other people's experiences.. i NEED support So badlY!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
(female)

starr77 HB User
Re: Scared TO DEATH!!

did you find out what this was or have your biopsy yet? i dont have any answers for you but try and stay calm,dont worry until they give you a real reason to worry,it mite just be nothing or maybe just an hpv wart which is no bige,had them when i was 18,used aldara cream and havent had them since. let me know how it goes hun

Old 12-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
(female)

Samjojazz HB User

Hi, I have the wide excision biopsy tomorrow.. I have a sense of what it is, based on my feelings and the conversations I had with both my GP and OBGYN... I am just worried about this procedure and the pain afterwards... I just want it to be ovewr.. then pray that it is contained and I don;t need more surgery... I wish there was someone who would have posted about this biopsy and what I should expect. Guess i will know soon enough
trhanks for your response

Old 12-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
(female)

starr77 HB User

im not sure what a wide biopsy is, i had a couple biopsys on my cervix when i was going threw the hpv wart crap,all i took was a couple motrin before it and felt mild cramping when they did it,kinda like period cramps, it only took a few seconds each piece they took off my cervix,everything turned out ok. I will keep you in my thoughts and please keep updated on how everything goes. Maybe call before hand and ask if they can give you something for the pain or maybe even for the anxiety of the whole thing?

Old 12-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
(female)

starr77 HB User

Oh and the vomiting could very well be from anxiety itself,when I found out I had anxiety,i didnt even know I had it. After everything eles was ruled out(i swore i had throat cancer) I was told it was all cuz of anxiety,they gave me zoloft and the sore throat,lump feeling in throat ect went away. Their could be MANY non cancer things that can show up "down their" just dont panic yet. Take a deep a breathe and think positive!

Closed Thread