It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
(female)

littlesizzy HB User
High risk HPV recurrence

I was diagnosed with high risk HPV 10 years ago. I had laser surgery on my cervix and have gotten clean PAPs since then. However, my latest one has just come back ASCUS. I am scheduling my colposcopy now.

Has anyone else had a recurrence of abnormal PAPs after being surgically treated? How common is this in women with high risk HPV? (I think it is very uncommon). Any stories or information would be greatly appreciated. There is not much information on the internet about this.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
(female)

caro_lyn HB User
Re: High risk HPV recurrence

My daughter-in-law has the samething. Wish I had answers. I have been researching but no info so far.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

luvbug412 HB Userluvbug412 HB User

I'll share my story since I hope it will help others realize they are not alone (sounds like we are in the same boat). Good luck on your colpo!

2009 - pap came back with ASCUS + HPV+ - High risk strain
Same year - had colposcopy - 4 sites biopsied + ECC
Found adenocarcinoma in situ
March of that year had a LEEP - reported clear margins with AIS present in both tissue samples

Started on a schedule of follow up paps every 4 months for first year then 6 months for the following. All clear, no HPV detected

Had yearly in March of this year. Pap came back clear but was HPV+ high risk (same strain).
Had colpo yesterday. ECC performed and biopsy on what was reported as a minor acetowhite area at 4 o'clock that bled on touch. Follow-up in 2 weeks.

So yes it does happen - and you are right that there isn't a lot of info on recurrence. If you check the cervical/ovarian cancer board though, it is unfortunate to see names re-appearing though for the same reason, yours truly included.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
(female)

caro_lyn HB User

Thank you so much. I hope everything works out good for you.

Closed Thread