It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
(female)

qwert234 HB User
Imiquimod on inner labia?

I recently discovered that I've contracted HPV, and it's located in two trails going downward toward my vagina, on my inner labia. I went to Planned Parenthood for treatment, and the doctor there said that there were two small clusters on the frenulum area. I was prescribed Imiquimod to treat them and went home.

Upon arriving home, I realized that there had been a miscommunication. The doctor hadn't seen the warts on my inner labia, and had only see the two small ones on the frenulum area. My question is... what do I do? Should I apply the Imiquimod to the warts I know about as well, on my inner labia, or just on the two she saw and mention the other warts when I go for my follow up appointment? I really feel like it's silly to not treat all of them at once, and I'm working on a time frame, since I'm counting down days/weeks until a very extended vacation. Since I'm working within that time frame, I'd really like to just take care of it all at once, if possible.

Is it safe to apply Imiquimod to my inner labia as well as the frenulum area, or JUST the frenulum area?

Old 06-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
Re: Imiquimod on inner labia?

To my knowledge you should be fine using it on both regions. Everything I have read, as well as discussions I had with my doctor, as long as it is applied externally, you should be fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2011, 07:20 AM   #3
(female)

misty073 HB User
Re: Imiquimod on inner labia?

Yes it's fine to apply it there. I have VIN stage 1 and 2 and I am treating the whole area with aldera.

Closed Thread