It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
(female)

girly0101 HB User
HPV and moscullum. Have some confusion and so many questions!!

I was diagnosed with HPV about 6 months ago and they also found me to have Moderate dysplasia or CINII. I had the leep procedure done and have recently had my follow up and came back with a normal pap. My husband was found to have moscullum. This is where I start to get confused. Is moscullum a separate STD or is it a result of HPV? Now that I have had a normal pap does that mean the HPV is gone? I have NOT gotten this moscullum that my husband has. nor do I have any warts or anything. My husbands moscullum bumps are in his groin area and go all the way up to around his navel. NOW this is where I also start to get confused because my 3 year old son has developed this moscullum bumps too. their are about 5 bumps on the side of his tummy and 2 bumps on his wrist. since my husband has moscullum and probably hpv. What does this mean for my son, I am so confused on this whole thing. I know how my son got it because he was taking a bath and got a hold of my husbands lofa and was playing with it. I am betting that's how it got it on his wrist and belly but what I don't understand is the difference between what my husband has and my son has if they are the same virus?

Old 06-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
Re: HPV and moscullum. Have some confusion and so many questions!!

A friend of mine had molluscum when we were little. Rest assured that molluscum and HPV are separate viral conditions entirely. Molluscum is a poxvirus, while HPV is a papilloma virus. The lesions your husband is experiencing are not warts, rather they are a lesion unique to poxvirus conditions. Unfortunately with molluscum, it can be transmitted through objects, such as the incident with the loofah. My friend got it from sharing a life vest during a fishing trip. HPV, on the other hand, generally only transmits through direct skin to skin contact. I would also like to add that there are over a hundred known types of HPV, as the virus tends to infect a specific part of the body. HPV that causes warts on the hands will not cause warts to form on the genitals or feet. Cervical HPV (high risk types 16 and 18) is also unique to the genital tract in men and women. Molluscum is different in that it is indiscriminate and can effect any part of the body. Any skin patch is suitable, which is what makes it so very infectious.

In time your little boy should clear up his condition. It is good that he is so young and has a strong immune system, as well as rapidly reproducing cells (hooray youth!). With the proper nutrition and treatment, he should be able to clear the infection in a few months. If I learn anything else, I will share the information with you. Keep on asking questions and more people will come out of the woodwork.

Last edited by Switch96; 06-26-2011 at 11:44 AM. Reason: additional information on hpv varieties

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread