It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
(female)

lov3xandxdeath HB User
HPV/anal warts while pregnant

ok when i 1st found out i was preg there were a couple very small bumps around anus and the practioner said it was hpv...i was devestated of course...well i switched DRs due to insurance changes and since they had my pap results n so forth i didnt have to get another exam..i talked 2 my DR about the warts and she said it wasnt anything to be worried about..im having a c section anyway but even if i wnt vag birth there wouldnt be any contact with them and the baby seeing as how they are only around my anus...n we'd see about removing that at my 6 week check up after i delivered....through out this they have increased greatly in number and size and hurt and bleed constantly and are horribly uncomfortable....i dont understand why we cant just remove them now...i actually would opt more for a vag birth if they were gone...i just find it weird that they are only around my anus when i do not have anal sex..i tried it 3 years ago but never frequented it....has anyone else had these issues and were u able to have them removed??? and does this mean i am at risk for anal cancer? ive never had abnormal paps before...

Old 07-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
Re: HPV/anal warts while pregnant

It sounds like you are experiencing a great deal of discomfort... doctors are often unwilling to treat HPV in pregnant women due to risks to the fetus. I had thought that cryotherapy was an option, since it is more of a mechanical procedure. Unfortunately, when a woman become pregnant, her immune system is compromised, so that is why yours broke out when you became pregnant. You will definitely want to talk to your doctor about it. As for cancer, the type of HPV that causes warts is different from the type that causes cancer. Normal paps means you don't have the cancer-causing type, but it is good to keep up with your regular gyno exams anyway. Start researching treatment options that don't require heavy chemical intervention. TCA and Aldara are probably out of the question, but there must be a solution out there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread