It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2011, 03:08 AM   #1
(male)

solodolo82 HB User
Unhappy Scared Male Here

Hey guys and girls...first of all I just wanna say that this forum is amazing. A place where people can come and talk and ask questions and vent is amazing, specially when people show so much support. Ok...well I'm 24 years old Male and I think I may have hpv or warts. I've slept with a total of 4 girls. Three of the four girls I used protection and the fourth I didn't. Long story short...I was at a party and super intoxicated. We ended up having unprotected sex.
I didn't notice anything abnormal until a few months ago, with a little cluster on my foreskin right underneath my head. Its so hard to see, cause it looks normal, until you open or stretch the skin. We had sex about a year ago and I just noticed these spots about 5 or 6 months ago. They are skin colored. I've watched them for a few months and they have not spread at all. Well last month I noticed a brown/black tiny dot on the left side in my pubic hair area. I assumed it was a mole or what not, I'm not sure what it is. So I decided to let it sit and not pay attention to it, still the same size, nothing has changed.
Today I get in the shower and notice a little brown spot on the shaft of my penis...and at first I thought it was dirt but it did not go away with a wipe of the towel or scrub in the shower. It was not raised at all, just flat little brown dot like an "O" so I tried scraping it off and it came right off. If I put a flash light on it, you can tell that the skin was peeled or what not.
I've honestly been pushing the doctors office off because I'm literally scared. I've been losing sleep over it, and I'm sure I probably have something. I just don't want my business put out there and fear the thought of never ever having a chance at a normal life. I'm only 24, and a decision I made has probably costed me the rest of my life...no kids or wife ...any guys out there dealing with a similar situation? Any response is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
Re: Scared Male Here

First things first, you have to go to the doctor. What is discussed between you and your doctor is confidential and nobody else has to know. Whether or not you get an official diagnosis, it will not change that you have the condition, and you as an adult are responsible for your health and the subsequent health consequences with your future sexual partner(s). The longer you leave yourself untreated, the likelier it is that it will stay with you. Contrary to a lot of anecdotes on the internet, HPV is not lifelong. Treatment under your doctor's care, as well as nutritional and lifestyle changes that you make are an essential part of overcoming the condition. But you HAVE to see your doctor as soon as possible. Ignoring it won't make it go away.

You only have to speak up about your condition when you are planning to engage in sexual activity, but it seems you have been abstaining so that is good. Less social pressure that way. Don't feel pressured to have sex if you feel like being honest with your partner will be too difficult. You are not obligated to have sex with anyone. It is your choice to engage in sexual activity when you are psychologically and physically ready to have sex again, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. "My body, my choice" applies to guys too. I know it is different for guys because in our society they are expected to have as much sex as possible, but that also puts them and their partners at risk. This is your opportunity to begin having smarter sex, and to serve as an example of how to take responsibility of one's health when a crisis occurs.

Please visit your doctor as soon as possible so you can begin treatment. At 24 years old, you are young enough that, with the proper treatment, your immune system will learn to suppress the condition, and you can live the normal life you have always wanted, wife and kids included. But you MUST take care of yourself now before it is too late. Don't let a doctor stigma screw up your health...it's just not worth it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Switch96 For This Useful Post:
solodolo82 (07-16-2011)
Old 07-16-2011, 12:00 AM   #3
(male)

solodolo82 HB User

Thank you so much for the advice and kind words. My thread has over 70 views and you were the only one that replied. I plan on visiting a doctor this week to see what is going on, I can't tell you how sad and scared I am. Would you suggest going to a planned parenthood clinic or a clinic that I have been going to since I was a younger child. I don't have health insurance, but I do have a job so if I have to pay I will pay. I'm wondering what kind of treatment the doctor will give me...will he just freeze them off or just give me some cream? Also, what kind of supplements do you suggest a guy like myself to purchase at a health store? I'm currently taking One a Day mens...so I'm sure I'm gonna need something more to boost my immune system.

I dont plan on having any type of sexual intercourse for a long time, seeing as I heard it takes atleast two years for the virus to go away on its own. It's a hard thing to deal with, knowing that I probably do have this and I have to live with it. Depression is just something that seems to hit hard, seeing as I still have a whole life ahead of me.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solodolo82 View Post
Thank you so much for the advice and kind words. My thread has over 70 views and you were the only one that replied. I plan on visiting a doctor this week to see what is going on, I can't tell you how sad and scared I am. Would you suggest going to a planned parenthood clinic or a clinic that I have been going to since I was a younger child. I don't have health insurance, but I do have a job so if I have to pay I will pay. I'm wondering what kind of treatment the doctor will give me...will he just freeze them off or just give me some cream? Also, what kind of supplements do you suggest a guy like myself to purchase at a health store? I'm currently taking One a Day mens...so I'm sure I'm gonna need something more to boost my immune system.

I dont plan on having any type of sexual intercourse for a long time, seeing as I heard it takes atleast two years for the virus to go away on its own. It's a hard thing to deal with, knowing that I probably do have this and I have to live with it. Depression is just something that seems to hit hard, seeing as I still have a whole life ahead of me.
My son has HPV. He's only had one wart so far, and they froze it off at the clinic.
As long as you're not immuno-compromised or on drugs or drinking heavily, I wouldn't worry too much about vitamins, etc. Your body will clear the virus, and I doubt it will take two years. 12 months, probably.
Stay on top of getting those warts removed, though; otherwise, you might accidentally spread them (on yourself; I realize you're celibate) and then you'll have more to deal with.

Don't be scared, that's silly. Over 80% of sexually active Americans have HPV at one time or another, and at least you have one of the low risk strains (the strains that cause warts are not the same as the strains that cause cancer). So you don't have to worry about the guilt of knowing that you could've given one of your partners cervical cancer.

best.

Last edited by Kali333; 07-16-2011 at 01:50 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kali333 For This Useful Post:
solodolo82 (07-16-2011)
Old 07-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
(male)

solodolo82 HB User

Awesome! Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it! Yea I'm just gonna go to the normal clinic I go to I suppose. Just gonna talk to my doctore and tell him if he could look at it and treat it. I will keep you updated as soon as I get treatment. I don't do drugs at all but I do like to drink every now and then. I would say sometimes I drink heavily but not all the time, just when I'm with friends or what not. Looks like thats going to have to change.

Closed Thread