It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
(female)

lux2011 HB User
Some Questions/Thoughts about HPV warts concerning if both partners have it

So there is so much info about ways to prevent a new partner from getting HPV, but what if the partner already has it?

So my story is that I was just diagnosed with high risk HPV and then later noticed a lesion and thus found out that I had the low risk HPV as well (Sad that I am worried more about this one wart than the possibility that I may get cancer later down the road....). Anyways I have been dating my partner for about 4 months and in that time we have had unprotected sex many times. Before my current partner, I had unprotected sex about 7 months ago.

I know my partner has both HPV strands. I may have given it to him or he may have had it and never knew.

So I am on birth control. I am treating my wart with aldara and will soon be going for a coloscopy. So does it really matter if I have unprotected sex with this partner in regards to the warts (I don't care about pregnancy or other stis....well I do but not in this thread. I want this question answered specifically regarding the spreading of the warts.)

Question 1: Will having unprotected sex with a wart present spread the warts quicker to my partner even though he has already been infected??

Question 2: Can masturbation spread genital warts? I am a bit skeptical on this b/c I have read some replies and they aren't very convincing.

Thanks in advance!!! It would be great to hear some personal stories.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread