HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Human Papillomavirus (HPV) (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/human-papillomavirus-hpv/)
-   -   My story, what steps should I take? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/human-papillomavirus-hpv/870243-my-story-what-steps-should-i-take.html)

baurman 09-21-2011 11:11 PM

My story, what steps should I take?

I had unprotected sex with someone who informed me after that she had genital warts 20 years ago but was treated and it went away. This was about 6 months ago. The past few months I've noticed my scrotum has been severely itchy and I saw this bump come up and was told it could be just a calcium deposit. I ended up going to an STD/HIV clinic to get tested for everything and I was clean. But I also find out that MEN can't get tested for HPV? SO I could still have HPV and not even know it. What is annoying me is that I now see a small little bump forming on my scrotum in another place, Could this be the beginning of a genital wart? What does the beginning stages of a genital wart look like? Just starts off as a small pimple and flourishes into the cauliflower look? How do I know if I'm high risk?
I don't even know where to go since I don't have any insurance or even a doctor so that is why I am here turning to you folks for some help!

amyd 09-21-2011 11:25 PM

Re: My story, what steps should I take?

If it were HPV, you would have probably noticed them before 6 months!

baurman 09-21-2011 11:36 PM

Absolutely. But I still feel like I don't have peace of mind. I've had unprotected sex with 2 other partners since and I don't know if I should bring this up to them because I don't know if I have HPV or not I am just thinking that I do because the person I had sex with had it 20 years ago, but then she tells me that she got tested and the Doctor said they didn't see any strain visible in her. But doesn't it just stay dormant and you could still pass it on? I always find myself asking me "Is this a genital wart? How do I know if I have genital warts? Am I high risk?" I have all these questions and I don't know what to do. I'm 100% clean from the STD/HIV clinic but now I am also reading that it's impossible to test for HPV in Men? :confused:

amyd 09-22-2011 12:21 AM

The longer a person (in your case a woman) has this condition, the less outbreaks they have. After 20 years, she would have a fairly good idea if an outbreak was coming days before it actually occurred.
However, that's not the real issue here. what were you thinking having unprotected sex with 2 other women. -- period?????? And. . . Thinking that you most probably had this incurable condition?
I mean, seriously -------- why would you do this to some unsuspecting women?

baurman 09-22-2011 12:25 AM

I did not think much of it when she says she treated it, but now I am questioning it because of the issues that are coming up and pointing fingers at her. But when I had sex with women after her, I did not know of this condition. I have not had sex with anybody since I have noticed theses issues coming up with myself and now I am taking the time to see what I could do to have peace of mind before fooling around with any more women.