It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
(male)

baurman HB User
I see a genital wart

I don't even need to get tested for HPV. I know I have it. I spotted 1 cauliflower typed raised skin on my scrotum. I made the mistake at picking at it because it was raised and it only made it worse. It always comes back. What do I need to do in order to have sex again without spreading the virus? I already live a healthy lifestyle and take vitamins so my immune system should be able to make the virus dormant pretty quick, but how will I tell? It sucks because I don't have insurance and I don't go to a doctor. And is it true you can pass the virus from skin contact? so anyone I shake hands with or kiss will get the HPV virus?

Old 09-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
(male)

jmendoza357 HB User
Re: I see a genital wart

As long as your partner has been vaccinated with gargasil they should be safe from getting hpv. Google it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
(female)

kitteh666 HB User

There is a form of HPV that is transmitted through shaking someones hand. However it is entirely seperate from Genital warts. Regular hand and foot warts are also caused by the HPV virus, there are hundreds of strains of the virus. The one you are reffering to is directly sexually related and would have to be spread through sexual contact. The problem is that they do not have a test for men to say whether or not they have HPV, only for women. Also there is no known cure for the virus itself... only annoying treatments. I am researching the natural methods as of right now for myself... been seeing a lot of possitive feedback about Apple Cider Vinegar...

Hope this helps... You are not alone!

Old 11-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
(female)

tictactalk HB User

I've had a vaccine called Cervarix years ago. I am paranoid to get genital warts so I did. Is it still okay to get vaccinated even if you had genitals warts already?

Old 11-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #5
(female)

scaredgurl66 HB User

If you have genital warts you don't need the vaccine. I asked due to my cancerous type. I was told when you got it there's no need or use for the vaccine, you are already infected congrats. I have also heard of people getting it despite the vaccine. I thought it was just to make money and due to what I read of people getting it when they already got the vaccine I don't think I was too far off the mark.

Dude, there are clinics just for sexual things. They are free. I go to one and get free cancer treatment! Find one locally and go talk to the doc. You may be completely wrong about your diagnosis, you may not be. Only the doctor will know and government doctors actually help because they want you off the government dime. Trust me on this one.

Don't Panic!!! Relax and let be. You'd be surprised how much reducing stress helps. It is two years after cure you are considered clean if you have it. It is not going to ruin your life and may teach you a bit about responsibility as I see we have an STI and want to go procreate again. If you have a wart you can spread it through genital skin to skin contact. So keep it in your pants or disclose your information and let her decide. It will take more dating granted because I don't think a random doesn't care about you chick will drop trow to catch your warts with no commitment, sorry. You can do this, if you have it you can beat this! I believe in you!

Closed Thread