It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
(female)

delphi13 HB User
CIN1 and treatment. Advice needed

Hi all

I had an abnormal smear about 5 months ago. Since then I've had two colcoscopys and punch biopsies. The first came back clear and the second has come back saying there are signs that amount to CIN1. the doctor specifically emphasised the word amounting because it meant it was quite low and hard to detect. Never the less when he does the colcoscopy he can clearly see the different colour cells when he puts the solution on. Anyway, he has now presented me with a choice. 1. Wait 6 months and see if my immunity kicks in. He was hoping that it would have done by the 2nd colcoscopy but that obviously didn't happen. The second choice is to have the LEEP treatment. I think that ordinarily I might just wait but here's the difficulty, I want to try for a baby in 6 months time. If I wait and then am told I need treatment in 6 months then this will delay the whole thing but if I do it now I might be having treatment I don't need.

I know that having the LEEP can effect your child bearing capabilities but want more information. I'm 34 and about 50% of my friends and relatives are having ivf because they are struggling to have kids so I don't really want to put off having kids any longer than 6 months.

Has anyone got any advice or personal experience they can share?

Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2011, 01:50 AM   #2
(female)

scaredgurl66 HB User
Re: CIN1 and treatment. Advice needed

Oh bother I may get yelled at for this one, but I have read several places hormones produced during pregnancy are good for HPV, which is easy to believe from my end because birth control is good for HPV.

I am not recommending anything, I will say that outright, but waiting 6 months for help smells funny to me. I got help right away, granted I was further along than you. I have had two cryosurgeries, one in March of 2011, one last Tuesday. I was bleeding incessantly during the time before the first surgery and DURING the first surgery, and I waited 9 months from the point of infection to get help. You don't want that happening to you!!! It's worn me out and yes the bleeding has stopped now thanks to bc, but it took months and many different kinds of bc to put an end to it, weight gain, and fear of my own body. My health is not looking great but better thanks to bc, vitamins and two cryos. Get a second opinion, ask questions and get help or have your kid. You deserve happiness, love, and a chance to be a mommy. I wish you the best of luck and God bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread