It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
(female)

BabsB8 HB User
HPV & skin warts

I realize most people on this board are posting about genital warts, but I don't find another suitable place to post about skin warts, so here goes...

This all started several years ago with one stupid wart on my hand. I treated it. It went away. Then other warts appeared on my hands. Then I notice I have a few plantar warts on one foot. I don't know if this means anything, but currently I have no warts on the left side of my body. They all seem to be appearing on my right side...ha!

As I type this I have 4 wart-remover bandages on my right hand. 5 on my right arm. And one on my right leg. The warts on my hand look like regular warts. The ones that have recently appeared on my arm are on the underside of my forearm and there are 3 clusters with about 3 or 4 warts each on them, but they are smaller and stay flat, smooth and flesh colored. I have tried scraping these warts off and just like a wart would do they bleed and come back.

I feel dumb with all these wart bandages on my arm/hand. I can't leave them on there all the time - especially if I go out in public. But I have to get rid of these! They are so annoying! I know you can put duct tape on them and somehow that makes them go away. But that is SO much trouble!

So from what I understand, warts come from a virus. How the heck do I get rid of this virus???? This has been going on for years! You would think my body would figure out by now that the immune system needs to be attacking this virus. I just bought some expensive supplements that I hope will boost my immune system, plus I'm going to start a crazy health kick and eat really healthy to give my system a boost. But other than that...what do people do? I can't live with this virus the rest of my life.

Again, I know most people on this board are posting about genital warts and that's got to be even worse, but I just have to share here in hopes that someone else is struggling with skin warts and has a solution. I have searched the internet over, but all I get is informercial teaser ads about some 'system' that cures the wart virus. Whatever.

Just hoping I get can some REAL advice. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
(female)

Msautumn HB User
Re: HPV & skin warts

I have had warts on my hands for years and had a regular pap result. Just 2 months ago they all pretty much disappeared and earlier this month I got a regular pap result but I came back with a positive hpv result. I have since had a coloscopy done and am waiting for those results now. She said it didn't look too bad and I'm assuming there are no genital warts since I have never noticed any and she never said anything while inspecting. I know this wasn't a perfect answer but just some insight. I'd ask for an hpv test just to make sure.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
(female)

roisindubh HB User
Re: HPV & skin warts

Hi there!

Skin warts are still caused by HPV -- just a different strain, I think, than genital warts. Unfortunately, HPV is something that the body may or may not fight off on its own, and even then symptoms can reoccur. There is *no* cure for HPV, just treatments.

Boosting your immune system is a great thing to do -- try a multivitamin and a probiotic (most of your immune system is in your gut, so a healthy digestive system is key). Also: lots of fruits and veggies, no refined sugars, no whites (pastas, breads, rice), no high-fructose corn syrup, etc. Those will all help. Someone on here has also suggested Papillex, which is a supplement made specially for people who suffer from HPV.

All of my research has been into high-risk HPV (a genital strain), so I'm not sure what there is for actual treatment. I know there are creams and solutions, and I believe troublesome warts can be frozen off. Have you talked to a doctor? That's really your best option for what may work best for you, especially as your warts are reoccuring.

Good luck!

Closed Thread