It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
(female)

eyewitness HB User
LSIL Treatment Question- how do I proceed?

I am a 20 year old female who, 3 months ago was told that I have low grade squamous cells in my cervix.

Now, I understand how the waiting game works, and how if the cells are still there come my next pap test (which is in february), I would then have to have the cells removed and be sent to a gynecologist.

Now, here is my problem.
I am leaving the country in the middle of March- travelling to Europe for at least a year. This is already set in stone, I cannot avoid it as I am going for work and have already paid for multiple accommodations.

Assuming I go for my next pap in the first or second week of February and my doctor has the results rushed, I will know around February 12th whether or not I will need to proceed with treatment for the cells- whether they have developed into higher grade cells or not, my doctor agreed that they should be removed if they are still there.

Now, after I get these results... what do I do? Do you think it is even possible to have a biopsy and the actual procedure done within a months time?

I am very nervous about this because I'm unsure of how I would go about finding a doctor overseas- I know it could be done, but I don't want this to be the first of my concerns when I get off of the plane.

Should I find a gyno now and get the biopsy done now? Should I have one "lined up"?.... I just don't know how to proceed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
thank you so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread