LSIL Treatment Question- how do I proceed?
I am a 20 year old female who, 3 months ago was told that I have low grade squamous cells in my cervix.
Now, I understand how the waiting game works, and how if the cells are still there come my next pap test (which is in february), I would then have to have the cells removed and be sent to a gynecologist.
Now, here is my problem.
I am leaving the country in the middle of March- travelling to Europe for at least a year. This is already set in stone, I cannot avoid it as I am going for work and have already paid for multiple accommodations.
Assuming I go for my next pap in the first or second week of February and my doctor has the results rushed, I will know around February 12th whether or not I will need to proceed with treatment for the cells- whether they have developed into higher grade cells or not, my doctor agreed that they should be removed if they are still there.
Now, after I get these results... what do I do? Do you think it is even possible to have a biopsy and the actual procedure done within a months time?
I am very nervous about this because I'm unsure of how I would go about finding a doctor overseas- I know it could be done, but I don't want this to be the first of my concerns when I get off of the plane.
Should I find a gyno now and get the biopsy done now? Should I have one "lined up"?.... I just don't know how to proceed.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
thank you so much.