It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
(female)

violet0229 HB User
follow up to 'just so tired of this'--

I posted about 2 mos ago while feeling very lost and depressed after dealing with a rapidly spreading case of HPV/genital warts. I wanted to just pop back in and say that I have been on the Imiquad (generic version of Aldara) for almost 2 mos now and my goodness, what a difference. The area is almost clear with the exception of a few stubborn little f*ckers but I'm sure they will be gone eventually. I bought an 8 weeks supply but will get twice that time if necessary bc I used each packet for 2 treatments. I also am taking Echinachea and vitamins A,D and E every day.

The cream is veeeery strong but luckily I went in forewarned w/ other people's horror stories and knew to use it sparingly and did not have any really horrific side effects. Not to say it was comfortable-- far from it-- but nothing that I could not handle, esp once i saw that it was working. I could not drive with it though, I had to pretty much walk gingerly and take it easy around the house. I used it 3 days a week for 5-6 hours at a time, usually in the afternoon from about 4 PM to 10 PM. Honestly I think leaving it on all night would just be too long if you are treating a fairly large area, as i was-- maybe this leads to some of the bad problems that some folks have..?

My advice to anyone newly diagnosed w/ this-- do not wait too long to start the Aldara!!!! If $ is an issue, as it was for me, send your prescription to Canada and it will cost you only $112 for an 8 week supply (which can last for twice that time). I truly regret all the time I wasted trying to use apple cider vinegar/tea tree oil/aspirin paste etc to kill these things.... my genital warts spread aggressively and I ended up having a very severe case w/ pain and itching. For anyone who complains of Aldara causing itching, you don't know how it feels to have a really bad case of GW!!!! The itching from them had gotten so intense i was in tears almost every night, unable to sleep, really barely unable to function as a normal person. I was mortified at how hideous the area looked and how uncomfortable I was 24/7. I could not imagine having sex again, the thought just made me cringe. It had taken over my life and I had gotten into quite a severe depression.

Thank you to the makers of Imiquad for giving me back my life!! And thanks also to my wonderful BF who was/is so supportive and patient w/ me throughout this whole process. He is a gem.

So this was my little update and my advice, FWIW. I am sending good vibes to all of you newly diagnosed folks-- your life will return to normal one day soon! Get your Aldara and use it wisely!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread