It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
(male)

odezzy HB User
HPV Not STD No Sex Without Protection

I bet that when you google information about HPV, you'll find at least 5 or 6 ranked government websites including the CDC. I knew of a 7 year old girl who is NOT sexually active who has HPV. You'll probably read this an say "ITS BS" but unless you give me some sort of substantiation that Its Not some Brazen Marketing campaign, with scientific proof i cant believe it. *IMO*, Saying that HPV is STRICTLY an STD is wrong and goes against the Scientific Universal Principle of Nature. Think about this, what other "VIRUS" have you ever heard of, that transfuses through blood, and lands itself on the genitals every time?! Thats like winning the slots every time you pull the lever. That doesn't even make sense. This is ripping marriages apart!

So before you make an angry post in reply to this thread, stop and think to yourself if you have any scientific proof that its an STD and hopefully you can help clarify the confusion amongst us all.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
(female)

nageya HB User
Re: HPV Not STD No Sex Without Protection

This makes sense.

I dunno yet if I have HPV. I just did the test today for the first time ever. My gyno has her suspicions.

But the symptoms that lead her to be suspicious are symptoms I have had since childhood....way before I was sexually active!

I've been searching stuff online about HPV all day, and was super puzzled to find it s an STD.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
(male)

odezzy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nageya View Post
This makes sense.

I dunno yet if I have HPV. I just did the test today for the first time ever. My gyno has her suspicions.

But the symptoms that lead her to be suspicious are symptoms I have had since childhood....way before I was sexually active!

I've been searching stuff online about HPV all day, and was super puzzled to find it s an STD.......

No dont get yourself all worked up! When your results come back you'll be fine. Listen, if your gyno has her suspicions, get a second opinion and see what a different gyno says. Whats ******* me off is that the CDC is pushing HPV out to the public as if its some sort of marketing campaign for the big pharmaceutical cartels.
Just think of it, google the term "hpv std no sex" youll find that the top 10 websites are all government owned or .org domains. Reminds me of China's internet. Sorry to go on a rant like that but the point is, is to always be skeptical about what ONE doctor says.

Last edited by odezzy; 02-15-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

AN HPV positive woman can pass it on to her child at birth. So, it's possible for young children to have acquired it from their mothers.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
(female)

Jen488 HB User

To the person who started this thread: please refrain from making unnecessary uniformed comments.

HPV is spread through skin-to-skin contact, just like the herpes simplex virus. It is classified as a Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) because you can develop genital warts from certain strains of the virus, and cervical and anal cancer from other strains - this generally occurs during sexual intercourse (vaginal and anal).

It is true, however, that HPV can also be spread through contact with other areas that aren’t covered. In other words, you can get HPV through oral-genital or hand-genital contact – not just intercourse (it is also true that the child could have gotten it from an infected mother - who perhaps did not even know she was infected). So in this, perhaps you are right.

Also don't forget that there are over 100 different strains of the HPV virus. The ones that you hear the most about (which are also incidentally the ones that the vaccine protects against) are the ones that are being referred to when talking about sexually transmitted strains of HPV (please note that I am neither for nor against the vaccine):

HPV types 6 and 11 are the most common cause of genital warts.

and

HPV types 16 and 18, which are the most common “high risk” types, which cause about 70% of all cases of cervical cancer. HPV type 16 also causes about 85% of all anal cancers.

Also please note that HPV strains 2 and 4 are also the most common causes of the common warts you get on your hands and feet (not genital warts).

Hopefully this has been informative.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
(female)

Jen488 HB User

Also, an HPV infection does not always result in signs and symptoms. There are documented cases of people who were infected with HPV prior to the current relationship they are in but had not signs or symptoms, then experienced a big illness where their immune system became compromised and suddenly developed symptoms of HPV, without ever having strayed from the relationship.

Sometimes HPV infections can also resolve on their own.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
(female)

JKL12345 HB User
Exclamation Re: HPV Not STD No Sex Without Protection

I was diagnosed with HPV when I was 15 when this was all a semi new epidemic and I was a virgin and never had any sexual contact, I was a complete dork/nerd whatever you wanna call me. There wasn't any guy in the world who wanted to come near me at that time. Years later I ended up getting pre-cervical cancer which I had removed. You do not have to have sexual contact with another person to get HPV. You do have to have contact with an object that has the virus on it and transmit it sexually, such as toilet paper in a public bathroom or a public toilet. Women for example, normal women don't wipe just once but twice forcing them to pull another piece of paper from the roll. If they have touched their hands on themselves which does happen which is why we should wash our hands after using a public bath (some people don't gross, however) we grab the next piece with disgusting hands and wipe ourselves again. This leaves part of our sickened hands on the last part of the paper for example. Women may wipe 3 times while on their period. It's not like HIV it doesn't just die in oxygen. I was told by plenty of doctors while I was again a virgin with no boyfriend that this is why the disease is spread so easily. This is why about 70% to 80% of women have it. It is not that you have to have sex or personally touch genitals. It's if someone touches their genitals touches something else that you might touch your genitals to. It's basically like a fungus, it spreads in different ways depending on what your PH balance is. It stays on whatever you've touched and depending on your PH forms into what it wants to. It is a virus but its [I]not like typical Warts, Herpes or HIV. It doesn't keep mutating. It is what it is and there are a few variations of what that is. Again you only have to come into contact with something that someone has touched that you touch to your genitals ,again it has to come into contact with the same thing you will either put into your mouth or genitals. I never sat on a public toilet even in high school but NOW I (even if the toilet paper is retract) I first rip off an inch then i wrap it up so much (which is wasteful but so what) that when I wipe myself it doesn't even have a chance to bleed through, and I do that of course a couple times as normal. I now also carry around a bottle of sanitizer around wherever I go and I still rip off. I live in in a place with a lot of Theme parks, I stopped sitting on and touching the bars while waiting in line for a ride. I use the sanitizer before I wipe myself. It is that easily spread, 70 to 80 % not of MEN but of WOMEN have HPV. This is also why it's not considered nor is it treated if you notice as an AIDS, HIV, HERPES, OR WARTS epidemic. There are no straight forward commercials careful of having sex or other warnings if you notice like there were with other STDS. Now your mouth in general is used to fighting viruses, so you are less likely to get the disease from eating a bag of chips outta a vending machine (but you never know). The best warning to prevent HPV is Sanitize all public objects that will touch your genital organs. So Yes it is an STD, however it doesn't need to be transmitted by the same and/or opposite sex. It just has to be [transmitted from one organ (animate or inanimate) to another regardless of how that happens. YES THAT INCLUDES SITTING ON A PUBLIC TOILET! That is a fact

Closed Thread