It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
(female)

EdwK2008 HB User
I don't know what to do.

Okay, I guess I should start from the beginning..

I had my 1st abnormal pap July 10' at an ER which informed me it was probably nothing.

I had my 2nd abnormal pap November 10' which was LSIL w/endometrial cells. I was told I am HPV infected. I had a Colposcopy in December 10' which came back as CIN III. I followed that with a LEEP in January 11'.

Well, November 11' I had another abnormal pap, came back as LSIL w/endometrial cells. I had a Colposcopy 2 weeks ago (January 12') and received my results today and told that my ECC's came back as AGC and to just re pap in 6 months.

I've been researching and I'm TERRIFIED.

What is AGC exactly?
Is it normal to just set aside for 6 months?

HELP PLEASE! :/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
(female)

Jen488 HB User
Re: I don't know what to do.

Hi there,

You've been through so much and must feel very anxious right now. I hope that I can help a little by providing you with some information:

AGC stands for atypical glandular cells. Glandular cells are cells that produce mucus and are located in your cervix or uterus. These results mean that some of your glandular cells are not normal, but your doctor does not know why. These changes are usually more serious. People who have AGC can have a higher risk for cervical cancer.

6 months feels like a long time to wait to have another Pap, especially when you're at a higher risk for cervical cancer, if I were you, I would look for a second opinion, just in case.

In the meantime, there is lots of research out there showing that diet, lifestyle and supplementation can be helpful in reducing HPV recurrence and severity, so it could be worth a try. The following recommendations are all aimed at improving your own body's immune response to the HPV virus, so that your body can fight it more effectively:

First of all, you need to clean up your diet: a diet high in fruits and vegetables (8-10 servings a day) and low in refined sugars and processed foods is protective against cancer. At mealtimes, veggies should take up at least half of your plate, as a general rule. And FYI, 1 serving = 1/2 cup, so its easier than you think.

Secondly, eliminate so-called "obstacles to cure": i.e. if you smoke, quit smoking, reduce your alcohol consumption to no more than a glass of wine a day, etc.

Get moving! 20-30 minutes of mild to moderate exercise a day will help boost your immune system and reach a healthy Body Mass Index (BMI) (also important in cancer prevention).

There are also supplements that can help. A good quality multivitamin is always a good idea, and I've also been taking for just over a month now a supplement called papillex, and I've had really great results so far. It has really well researched ingredients so it's definitely worth a try.

I hope this helps you. Please keep us posted (I look forward to hearing good news from you soon). Best of luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread