It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
(female)

handler45 HB User
Unhappy Persistent HPV Infection, LSIL and CIN I

Hello, everyone.

I am new to this forum, but I am not new to HPV. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

In 2007, I was diagnosed with HPV. Subsequent testing, including 2 colposcopies and several PAPs revealed LSIL/CIN I. It has been almost 5 years since my initial diagnosis, and I cannot seem to shake my HPV infection, nor can I manage to have one normal pap smear.

A couple of months ago, I was so distraught and depressed that I had a complete meltdown in my Dr.'s office. I was almost taken to the ER.

For many of my friends, this infection has gone away, but it is persisting for me and I can't seem to shake it. For the last few months, I have tried taking tons of folic acid as well as a good multivitamin, but I am feeling discouraged that this will never go away and that colposcopies, biopsies, LEEPs, and ultimately a hysterectomy will be in my future. If HPV never clears out of my system, won't it always wreak havoc on my organs?

I am terrified, and most days I find it difficult to function. I know that I am due for another colpo at some point in the future, and my doctor told me that the longer I have persistent LSIL and CIN I, the less of a chance I have to clear the virus.

I am healthy; I eat really well and exercise; I do not drink (at all) and have never had a cigarette. Has anyone else had persistent low-grade cervical tests? The worst part about this is I am getting married in June to a wonderful, supportive, and caring man who loves me (and is only the second partner I've ever had in my entire life), and I can't help but think that this is going to RUIN our marriage and our life together.

Please help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread