It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
(female)

Lindsayh22 HB User
Unhappy Will my HPV ever go away?

Hello,

I am 26 years old. I was first diagnosed with HPV 5 years ago. I did not have any further testing for it at the time because I did not have insurance. I went for a routine pap smear a year and a half ago and still had it. I had a colposcopy and there was some mild dysplasia. I just had another abnormal pap and have to have another colposcopy.

Will this ever stop? Will I have to continue to get pap smears and colposcopys every 6 months? Will this affect my chances of becoming pregnant someday?

This has me terrified and it makes me extremely depressed. If anyone out there is going through the same thing or has any information on it that would be extremely helpful!

Old 02-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
(female)

Jen488 HB User
Re: Will my HPV ever go away?

Hi Lindsayh22!

It's hard to say whether or not it will go away, but there is always hope, and there are things that you can do to help your body fight the HPV virus (there are cases where the body can get rid of the virus)!
By strengthening your immune system, you're helping your body fight the HPV virus infection. Here are a few things you can do:

1. Eat more fruits and vegetables - you should try to eat 8-10 servings of fruits and vegetables EVERYDAY (1 serving = 1/2 cup). You may want to especially increase your consumption of cruciferous vegetables (like broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cabbage).

2. Reduce your intake of processed and package foods, and the "whites": white pasta, white bread, white rice, all sugar - try opting for whole grain versions of these foods.

3. Increase your daily exercise - this will help boost your immune system and has the added benefit of helping with weight loss aim for 20-30 minutes of brisk walking everyday.

4. There are supplements that can helps boost your immune system: a good probiotic is an excellent choice, and I take a supplement specifically for HPV called Papillex, and I really like it.

This is a very difficult time for you, but I hope that this will help you.
I wish you the best of luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
Re: Will my HPV ever go away?

Unfortunately, high risk/cervical HPV tends to be much more persistent than low risk HPV, such as genital warts. What is most important is that you are now being treated. The procedures available for cervical HPV work by physically removing the stricken tissues, and generally after that it won't come back. Jen488 has pretty much summed it up...pamper yourself with delicious fresh foods, exercise, boost your immune system, keep your mind and body healthy, get rid of the people who stress you out. The most important aspect of overcoming any viral condition is to be proactive in enabling your body to mend itself. You are now being proactive, and you will overcome this. I am living proof that HPV can be overcome... 20 months asymptomatic, a little over two years after the date of infection. Time will heal this wound as long as you remain proactive.

Best wishes!

Closed Thread