HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Human Papillomavirus (HPV) (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/human-papillomavirus-hpv/)
-   -   HPV and ORAL SEX (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/human-papillomavirus-hpv/890973-hpv-oral-sex.html)

erikaven50 02-26-2012 10:32 AM

HPV and ORAL SEX

I have been diagnosed with hpv 4 years ago, since then, no warts reappeared. I have gotten in from my previous partner. I also satisfied him with my mouth twice (that was 5 years ago). Now the virus is not active. If I want to have oral sex with my current partner now (myself doing it to him, not him to me) can I transmit it to him? Thank you very much for your help.

alicelee 03-18-2012 02:28 AM

Re: HPV and ORAL SEX

i really don't think so.I was diagnosed with HPV when i was 21 and I've only had the outbreak once .i lived with my boyfriend for three years and we were having oral sex regularly and he never even once got them.i think it depends with his immunity and if you have any visible warts.Most important thing is to let him know about it.

erikaven50 03-18-2012 11:21 AM

[QUOTE=alicelee;4946274]i really don't think so.I was diagnosed with HPV when i was 21 and I've only had the outbreak once .i lived with my boyfriend for three years and we were having oral sex regularly and he never even once got them.i think it depends with his immunity and if you have any visible warts.Most important thing is to let him know about it.[/QUOTE]

thank you very much for sharing your experience :) it really helped :)

ElizabethB 03-26-2012 10:09 AM

Which treatment method did you use? I am just curious. I was diagnosed earlier this week. I had been expecting it because I found bumps on the guy I was dating and just knew it was too late to think I wouldnt get it. Anyway, you said you only had the one outbreak. i am just curious what treatment you chose and how quickly it worked for you.

erikaven50 03-26-2012 11:01 AM

First I was treated with liquid nitrogen and afterwards, to boost my immunity I got three interferon shots.

ElizabethB 03-26-2012 11:41 AM

Ive heard a lot about these interferon shots. I wasn't even made aware of those by my doc though. Have you been symptom free since then?

erikaven50 03-26-2012 12:25 PM

yes, symptom free since that :)

alicelee 03-26-2012 08:30 PM

I know this will sound strange .I went to the doc two weeks after they appeared cause i was expecting them too.
The doc gave me a combination of aciclovir chewable tablets , sparfloxacin tablets and some herbal viginal wash.
Five days after taking them in the middle of the night i felt something strange and and i was afraid they were growing big.
I woke up in the morning and they were gone.

Five years later (three weeks ago)i started having unprotected sex with my current boyfriend and now i have them again.I started taking the same medication the other day and it seems like it's working.He doesn't know that he as them but when i saw them it was too late we had already done it.He has a few planter warts and skin tags as well and he thinks it's the same thing.

How long have you been symptom free?How much were the interferon shots?.

ElizabethB 03-26-2012 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=alicelee;4950940]I know this will sound strange .I went to the doc two weeks after they appeared cause i was expecting them too.
The doc gave me a combination of aciclovir chewable tablets , sarfloxacin tablets and some herbal viginal wash.
Five days after taking them in the middle of the night i felt something strange and and i was afraid they were growing big.

Five years later (three weeks ago)i started having unprotected sex with my current boyfriend and now i have them again.I started taking the same medication the other day and it seems like it's working.He doesn't know that he as them but when i saw them it was too late we had already done it.He has a few planter warts and skin tags as well and he thinks it's the same thing.

How long have you been symptom free?How much were the interferon shots?.[/QUOTE]

Wow, 5 years...I hope mine go away forever ):

erikaven50 03-28-2012 11:07 PM

I was treated with liquid nitrogen (twice because the doctor did not burn everything on the first try) and got the interferon shots afterwards. I was "OK" after about 4 months.

ElizabethB 03-29-2012 08:11 AM

[QUOTE=alicelee;4950940]I know this will sound strange .I went to the doc two weeks after they appeared cause i was expecting them too.
The doc gave me a combination of aciclovir chewable tablets , sparfloxacin tablets and some herbal viginal wash.

How long have you been symptom free?How much were the interferon shots?.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure maye you didnt pick up another strand from
him Alice? 5 years is a long time to be free
Of symptoms...

alicelee 04-07-2012 10:16 PM

i actually think i did because.they are slowly going away i have one more week to go on the meds.if they don't clear completely then i will opt for another method .

Serenityisbliss 07-29-2012 05:38 AM

Ok first of all there are 100's of strains of HPV. there are about 30 types that effect the genitals! Not sure how many effect hands and feet but they are also seperate strains. aciclovir is actually a oral medication for herpes which is NOT HPV... don't know why the doctor gave you that. anyways just because you have HPV doesn't mean you can't get it again... You can't not get the same strain that you already have but you can get new strains. My mother is case and point for that one.. she didn't know there was more than one strain. She had a "High Risk HPV" (cervical cancer) scare years ago. She knew she had HPV. when she started dating this guy (who is now my stepdad) He told her that he had HPV and she said "Oh, well I have it too". a few years later she asked me "I had it soo long ago and it didn't cause warts before.. why is it causing them now?" (that is only part of the conversation she didn't just come ask me that out of the blue lol) anyways I had to tell her that there were at least 30 strains that effect just the genitals and that she had high risk before which doesn't cause warts. that my stepdad most likely had a different strain and therefore she has 2 types now. after that she said "oh that makes sense". So have him read this. then ask the doctor questions if he has more.