It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
(female)

Worries2much HB User
Question Worried about HPV in throat?

My boyfriend and I have both noticed bumps in our genital areas, we are getting them checked out this week. I'm really worried because we engage in oral sex, and I have had a sore throat for over a week and I recently looked at my throat in the mirrow and noticed bumps on my right tonsil. They are not white or cauliflower looking just bumps. My throat does look a little red though. I'm trying to get into the docter to make sure it's not strep or anything, but I'm getting impatient. I don't have any other cold symptoms. I've read it's "rare" to get HPV in your mouth but, how "rare" is it exactly? I'm so scared I'm going to get warts all over my mouth! PLEASE HELP!

The following user gives a hug of support to Worries2much:
alicelee (03-08-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 02:19 AM   #2
(female)

alicelee HB Useralicelee HB User
Re: Worried about HPV in throat?

wishing you all the best!

Last edited by alicelee; 03-08-2012 at 02:25 AM. Reason: posted twice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2012, 02:22 AM   #3
(female)

alicelee HB Useralicelee HB User

Am going through the same thing too.I had oral sex with someone who i later found that he was once treated for HPV.Two weeks later i had a sore throat and swollen lymph nodes.I also notice some fordyce like bumps(small ,yellowish and hard .they don't seem to grow or reduce in size) two on the left side near the molar about four on the right side which are also only limited to to the molars.They don't seem to go a away an am still scared.My through still looked red.Let me know how it goes at the doctors.I will try and get mine checked then I'll update you.
Don't worry a lot am sure the doc will have some help for you and your boyfriend.
wishing you all the best!

Old 03-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
(female)

Jen488 HB User

It's really difficult to self diagnose anything accurately, so until you see your doctors, try to stop your mind from racing toward all the possible worst case scenarios, or you'll drive yourself crazy with worry!

In the meantime, what you can do, is make some lifestyle modifications that will help boost your immune system - strengthening your immunity is the best way to help your body fight any potential hpv or other infection.

Here's how to do it:
Increase your daily intake of fruits and vegetables to 8-10 servings a day, cut out all sugar, processed foods, junk food, and white flour, bread and pastas (opt for whole wheat instead).

Increase your daily intake of exercise too (ideally 30 min of mild to moderate exercise everyday).

What also really helped me was taking supplements as well: I take Papillex (a natural hpv supplement - really great), a good quality probiotic, and vitamin D and C.

Hope this helps, best of luck and best wishes!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jen488 For This Useful Post:
alicelee (03-08-2012)
Closed Thread