It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
(male)

njd0pe HB User
Chances of spreading HPV/genital warts

Hey everyone. I'm new here and I would just like to ask you all a question. I've had HPV/genital warts for probably about a year. I only have one small wart on my penis with 3 pin drop size warts surrounding it. Do you think it will spread more to other areas of my penis when it hasn't already? Anyway my main question is what are the chances my girlfriend will get HPV from me if we have unprotected sex? And if she does get HPV what are the chances she'll actually get symptoms (genital warts)? Thanks.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
(female)

roisindubh HB User
Re: Chances of spreading HPV/genital warts

The chances of HPV transmission from unprotected sex are high. You can greatly decrease the chances of transmitting it to your girlfriend by using a condom, but even then HPV is spread by skin-to-skin contact, not through fluids, so if there are any parts of your genitals that have been infected that are not covered by the condom, she could still contract the virus.

You have a strain of the virus that creates genital warts. That means that if you pass it on to your girlfriend, she will also get genital warts. HPV without physical symptoms comes from other strains of the virus (there are approx. 100 strains).

The best thing you can do for your girlfriend is explain to her the situation, research it together, and let her come to a decision for her own body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
(female)

Jen488 HB User
Re: Chances of spreading HPV/genital warts

Hi there,

In addition to having a meaningful conversation with your girlfriend about possible HPV transmission (which is so important), you may also want to consider taking some additional steps to help boost your immune system.

Boosting your immune system (and your girlfriend's) is a great way to help protect her and to reduce and/or alleviate your own HPV symptoms.

Dietary changes are crucial in order to do this: Increase your intake of fruits and vegetable intake to 8-10 servings a day. Eliminate sugar, refined processed foods, and junk/takeout food from your diet. Opt for whole grain versions of bread, rice and pasta instead of the refined "white" versions.

There are also supplements that you can take in addition to improving your diet that are really helpful: I take a good quality multivitamin, vitamin C, vitamin D, a probiotic, and a supplement for HPV called papillex. It really helped.

Also make sure to exercise for 20 minutes a day minimum. These small changes can yield wonderful results.

Best of luck!

Closed Thread