It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
(female)

KYmom HB User
Wasn't sure where to ask this? VIN related.

Hi there,

I have only had one sexual partner my entire life and he claims this too but I'm not certain and have my doubts.

I'm almost 31 years old. Within the past 2-3 months, I noticed small, hard bumps on my labia/vulva. I thought they were just an irritation but they never went away. They are red or white in color. I had two close together and now they are bigger. Now I also have 2 small ones on the other side. They have never gone away or gotten smaller in size. There is no discharge from them but they are tender. Within the past 2 months, I have had a lot of itching and burning.

I thought I had gotten a yeast infection so I treated myself with over the counter kits. It was relieved for a few days and then would come back. I also have burning when I urinate.

Now, I googled all my symptoms and I keep getting VIN as a result. I am freaked out.

I have a dr appointment tomorrow at lunch but I wanted to drop in here. I have tons of worse case scenerios going through my head.

So to recap. My only symptoms:

Red and/or white hard, tender bumps on vulva
Itching (extreme to the point I am so uncomfortable)
Burning
Burning when urinating

Is there any other possibility at this point?

Thanks.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-14-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
Re: Wasn't sure where to ask this? VIN related.

Unfortunately, based on your description, most of us will be unable to give you a clear answer. Your best bet is to consult with a medical professional while this is a health concern and before it becomes a health crisis.

Also, do look up "villouos labia minora" and "genital pseudo-condyloma", a condition that is frequently mistaken as GW. Don't go psyching yourself out yet! Panicking is the absolute worst thing you can do.

Last edited by Switch96; 06-15-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: additional info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Discovering HB User
Re: Wasn't sure where to ask this? VIN related.

I have vestibular papillomatosis which initially diagnosed as HPV, but I did not have the symptoms you have. They did not feel tender, nor do they have itchy burning. As it's usually just on the labia minora. You said it's on the vulva/labia, so I'm assuming labia majora?

Closed Thread