It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
(female)

taylor1993 HB User
Exclamation Living with High Risk HPV

Hello Everyone,
I was recently diagnosed with high-risk HPV. I went in this past Thursday for a copoloscopy. I should have the results back on Tuesday. I am super healthy I workout every other day, I haven't had more than 2 sexual partners, I guess I made the wrong choice. I am super scared, is there anything I should be doing? Can my body fight off High Risk HPV within two years like i've been reading? Any information you can give me, would be greatly appreciated. I am freaking out. Also, I don't have genital warts, will my boyfriend? He has been super supportive and I can't imagine if anything happened to him because of me. I have so many questions and I don't know where to begin. Please help!

Old 06-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
(female)

flutterby1982 HB User
Re: Living with High Risk HPV

First off, RELAX. Almost 70% of people who are sexually active end up with HPV at one point or another. It can lay dormant in someones body for years, and show no symptoms. High Risk HPV generally will show no symptoms. Its the Low Risk HPV that causes warts etc.. The only thing is, you are at higher risk for cervical dysplasia. Which, if you get a yearly pap (or even 6 month paps) you are all good! Dysplasia is something that can easily be fixed when caught early. Your boyfriend... has he been sexually active with you? It would be a good thing for him to be tested. If he is NOT HPV positive, he can get a vaccine. And yes, the HPV virus can clear up on its own. Like I said, many people have or HAVE had HPV at one point or another, and most of them dont even know it. You will be just fine!! HPV is npt life threatning on its own. BUT, if you dont have check ups and pap smears regularly, it can (YEARS LATER) turn into CIN III dysplasia, and lead to cervical cancer. (which can also be fixed if caught early). PLEASE don't worry yourself. My aunt works with an obgyn, and I just went through all this myself. Good luck!

Last edited by flutterby1982; 06-15-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
(female)

taylor1993 HB User
Re: Living with High Risk HPV

Thank you so much. It was really helpful, it's just something that is new to me and I didn't know if I should take anything to boost my immune system. I will get my boyfriend to get checked out, thank you again.

The following user gives a hug of support to taylor1993:
flutterby1982 (06-15-2012)
Closed Thread