It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Discovering HB User
Do I have HPV or not?

So, I noticed some bumps on my labia minora. To be specific, it feels bumpy on the inner right side labia, and on the edges there is a single growth the size of an uncooked grain of rice. I went to a health clinic that focuses solely on sexual health and the RN stated that skin tags/growths cannot grow on mucous membranes, so it's HPV. At the time I had a yeast infection and my period, so I did not get treated at the time. I was to schedule an appointment and come back at a later date. Unfortunately, it never ended being congruent with my schedule, so I never went back for treatment. After 3 months, I decide to suck up the embarrassment and went and saw my family Dr. My Dr examined me and even check internally (previously @ sexual health clinic I was using tampax) and he said it's NOT HPV. He told me that the papillae growth I saw was just essentially a skin growth/tag. He said the bumpiness I felt on my inner side of labia major is just the part of the variety of vaginas. He said I don't need to be treated or anything, but he could apply the liquid nitrogen to growth & bumpiness to remove it for cosmetic reasons. So I did get it apply to the growth and to the inner labia side of labia.

I am so confused. In Ontario (Canada) nurses with bachelor degrees and special training can provide some of the services as a family doctor. The nurse said it was HPV and she spends her days looking at STDs, so she should know her stuff, right?

However, the doctor said it's not hpv because: HPV grows in clusters, are not smooth, fuse at the base, and are cauliflower like growths. He said it does not match any of the those characteristics, so it's not HPV. Every PAP I've had has been normal, and I'm getting new pap results in 2 weeks. He recommended that I get the HPV vaccine.

Do I have HPV or not? Should I get a third opinion? I really want clarity before I have sex again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Discovering HB User
Re: Do I have HPV or not?

just from viewing the boards, I heard about vinegar changes the colour of a wart. I would try that, but I am really sore/tender from the liquid nitrogen right now. I can't even wipe after peeing cause it hurts too much, so no vinegar.

Last edited by Discovering; 07-07-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

tattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB User

For your peace of mind, I would get a third opinion. I know healthcare is far from cheap, but there really is no price for the peace of mind of knowing what is going on in your body. Is there any reason you suspect it is HPV? I know that is a silly question, with all that I am reading, because it seems most people have HPV, but just don't know it. Does your significant other or sexual partner have outbreaks or did you just discover some bumps you didn't have before? Googling images of genital warts is NOT helpful and NOT advised. The pics you will see are extreme, rare cases. My bf just had a wart removed and it was fleshed colored and totally looked like the description of a genital wart (cauliflower-ish), so that is what I believe warts will look like, but I am not doctor. I am learning all about this myself, as you discovered in my thread. I think it is wonderful that you are being proactive, educating yourself and being concerned with your health. I read somewhere that people who know they have herpes and HPV are actually SAFER sex partners because they are aware they have these viruses and they know how to practice safe sex. Imagine all the people all over the world who are infected and don't know it. This thought has been helping me, so I hope it helps you too.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Discovering HB User

Thank goodness I live in Canada, 'cause I don't pay for doctor visits. Anyway, I went to a walk in clinic 'cause I was paranoid. The doctor told me it's not hpv, it's vestibular papillomatosis, and to calm down. He said if I want them removed I can continue treatment with my family doctor. I'm going to do that and get the vaccine.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

tattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB User

That's wonderful news!

Old 12-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
(female)

treach76 HB User

thanks for your post!!! I have had these (flags) to and found this info helpful!!!

Closed Thread