It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #16
(male)

Hypochonder HB User
Re: Complications after anal wart removal? Scar tissue in particular.

I just wanted to give everyone who might be curious a heads up on my situation.

I know one of my biggest problems over this year has been the lack of community and of people to go to for advice. I hope my story is one that can be read by others who have suffered through the painful surgery that I went through to get rid of my anal warts and see it as a beacon of hope.

My last update mentioned that I still had very sensitive scar tissue inside my anus that was making sex extremely uncomfortable. What was actually occuring was that the site of what was a large wart (the doctor removed this one surgically), had become infected.

At this point, my doctor renamed this new affliction an infected anal fissuer. My surgery wound that became infected basically progressed into a fissure.

After my doctor confirmed the infection he went on to state that this explains why this surgery wound was taking so long to heal. I was prescribed anti-biotics, diltizem cream, and flucinonide cream to fight this new affliction.

Within a month I was as good as new. The infection was knocked out by the antibiotics and with the aid of the creams my fissure healed right up.

At this point, I coerced my doctor to surgically remove the rest of my scar tissue inside my anus. The scar tissue wasn't in pain, but it was extremely gross and I wanted it removed. The doctor fought me on it (I am sure he is not accustomed to dealing with people who want their anuses to look pretty) but I was extremely angry and he agreed to remove it.

So, here I am almost a year post surgery and I think I am good as new. No more warts, no more fissure, and no more scar tissue (also no more bank account). Receptive anal intercourse is pleasurable again and has been for the past three months.

I hope my story is helpful to any gay man out there that needs to go through what I did. Following surgery you will feel absolutely mutilated. You will be in pain and one of the most sensitive parts of your body will be scarred. You might think yourself destroyed at times and that you will never be able to have sex again. Believe me, your pains will pass and you will be able to have sex again (this was one of my greatest fears).

After surgery, there are things that don't go away. You will notice a difference in the way your anus might look or feel. This is because to perform surgical removal of anal condyloma the doctor dialates your anus to the size of about a baseball. It is truely gruesome to watch on the internet so I would advise not doing so as I did. I feel like my mind will never heal. After a dialation to this degree your starfish never goes back to normal. The changes will grow on you though and believe me, you are probably the only one who will ever know a difference. ; )

To all those out there reading my story who aren't afflicted with HPV, I HIGHLY suggest walking down to your nearest CVS pharmacy and getting the vaccine.

My best wishes to everyone! HPV can be beaten and your sex life will return!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #17
(male)

Sideem HB User
Re: Complications after anal wart removal? Scar tissue in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypochonder View Post
I just wanted to give everyone who might be curious a heads up on my situation.

I know one of my biggest problems over this year has been the lack of community and of people to go to for advice. I hope my story is one that can be read by others who have suffered through the painful surgery that I went through to get rid of my anal warts and see it as a beacon of hope.

So, here I am almost a year post surgery and I think I am good as new. No more warts, no more fissure, and no more scar tissue (also no more bank account). Receptive anal intercourse is pleasurable again and has been for the past three months.

I hope my story is helpful to any gay man out there that needs to go through what I did. Following surgery you will feel absolutely mutilated. You will be in pain and one of the most sensitive parts of your body will be scarred. You might think yourself destroyed at times and that you will never be able to have sex again. Believe me, your pains will pass and you will be able to have sex again (this was one of my greatest fears).

To all those out there reading my story who aren't afflicted with HPV, I HIGHLY suggest walking down to your nearest CVS pharmacy and getting the vaccine.

My best wishes to everyone! HPV can be beaten and your sex life will return!
Omgosh I'm so glad to hear that things have gotten better for you. I'm especially encouraged to read that your sex life has gotten back to normal. It gives me hope.

As far as the vaccine, I keep hearing that it's only good for those up to 26 years old. I'm wondering why it's limited to that range..unless it's cause they figure by 26, you've engaged in a few sex acts and it may not be as effective by that time. No idea.

Since my last post on this thread about a few days later, the wart began to grow outside of my anus. I freaked out and went to emergency who basically said it was okay but that I should push my surgery up. I was annoyed having to pay $150 just for that but it did help ease my concern. In the end it seemed a challenge to push up my date (which is on 03/22/13....just a few days away now...all well wishes welcome), so I decided to keep it. Plus I was limited to who could take me to the hospital for my procedure (aside from being too embarrassed to share my issue with everyone) and they had already gotten that day off. And as it ended up, it's given me time to try to attack the wart on my own.

I've been doing a lot of garlic sitz baths (though work has gotten in the way of doing those more often in recent days)...and last Sunday I purchased some "aged garlic" that I've applied to the wart. Since doing that, the wart itself (which is almost the size of a penny...scary) has split down the middle and part of it looks like it wants to fall out but it's a stubborn bugger...and even if that part came out...there'd still be a piece left so it's likely I'll still need the surgery. I've also been eating lots of garlic and habanero peppers (both of which are said are anti-viral, anti-bacterial, etc). And drinking lots of ginger green tea. Not to mention taking extra echinacea/goldenseal tinctures to help with my immune system.

I feel like it's helping...hopefully I'll get a miracle and the whole thing will fall out...*LOL*. My biggest fear is the anticipation of what happens after the surgery but I will get through it...and luckily I have a desk job that I can do from home so I don't have to worry about doing anything strenuous.

That's my update. I wish everyone on here well who's dealing with this situation. We can definitely beat it.

Closed Thread