It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
(female)

JKS4 HB User
Worst Coloposcopy/Biopsy Experience EVER!

Where to begin? Had a coloposcopy/biopsy on Monday July 2 for abnormal pap. Had read good and bad things but had to have it done regardless right? So I had the biopsy (2 different sections), hurt like hell. Heard a small percentage of women are very sensitive in that area, guess I'm one! I bled/felt tender in the spot I was biopsied for probably two days. I felt better for about two more day then I noticed I was going down hill again. Started having sharp cramps in the bottom of my stomach and horrible smelling discharge. I knew I had an infection so I went to urgent care. Sure enough, I was right. The doctor prescribed me two different anti-biotics and pain killers for the cramps. I was on the anti-biotics for 8 days and finally decided to have sex with the boyfriend. We waited exactly two weeks which is what I was told is normal for post-coloposcopy. I just finished my anti-biotics today, two days after having sex. I guess my question is could another infection form even though I was still taking the medicine? I ask because the spot where I had the biopsy is still tender and a little crampy. This whole experience has been traumatic for me so I am not sure if it's mental or the infection is possibly returning? I took doxy and flagyl which i understand are pretty strong and effective at killing infection. Anyway, any help or advice would be great!

Closed Thread