It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
(female)

anonymous08 HB User
Diagnosed with genital warts but so confused. help

So here is a little background of my question.
I had sex with a guy about a year ago. We had anal sex. I remember having an itching sensation in my anal region for a while. Almost seemed like with time it got worse and I use creams to help thinking it was a hemmheroid. I also had a small flesh colored skin tag almost looking thing hanging out which i figured was a hemmheriod. I left it untreated and didn't really notice anything.
About six months after this guy I had sex with another partner. Just regular sex. Both times I have not used protection. This guy who is my boyfriend now, has been stationed across seas for the past 5 months now and I have not had sexual intercourse of any sort with anyone in that time. Well I still noticed my anal part itching and about 3 months ago noticed a skin patch right where my perenium is that just seemed like a rough patch of skin.
So I went to my gynecologist and enquired about everything and when she looked at me down there she said "You have warts." She asked me who I was with last and all and asked when did i notice and I told her I noticed it about 3 months ago where as really I noticed the itching a year ago. She gave me an ointment to put on my "warts" and said that I also seemed to have an infection going on in my vagina due to a strange discharge color. She took a couple cultures and I'm guessing that was to see what it was about and she said she wanted to wait and get the results on that before she does a pap smear which I am going back in 3 weeks to have a follow up on my warts.

so here are my questions:
1. When applying my medicine to my "warts" I am assuming she is talking about the two skin tag looking pieces coming from my anal canal and the rouch patch on my perenium? I did not see anything else to my visible eye.
2. Since to me it seems like anal warts, could i be contagious while they are still showing and havent disappeared? once they are gone does that mean they are not contagious anymore? I am aware that hpv is contagious and I'm assuming that i have anal warts i do have some sort of hpv?
3. Could an anal wart that seemed as such a minor itch at first really have spread like it did towards the front from itching ect?
4. Is oral sex out of the question seeing as my warts were anal or no?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2012, 03:20 AM   #2
(male)

Bercy HB User
Re: Diagnosed with genital warts but so confused. help

Anal warts are no fun and definately need to be treated. If you doctor gave you cream, it should be put directly on the skin tag and the immediate surrounding area. These warts caused by HPV, if left untreated, can progress to Bowens Disease otherwise known as squamous cell carcinoma insitu. While this is not usually an invasive cancer, it always has the potential to. It is very slow growing and I ignored mine. Result was extensive peri-anal surgery to remove all tissue involved. I highly recommend that your doctor do a biopsy to determine which type of HPV caused the warts. Removing the warts may not be enough. Sometimes a few cm of the surrounding tissue must be removed to ensure clean margins.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
Re: Diagnosed with genital warts but so confused. help

Bless your heart, Bercy. Glad you are still here with us.

To Anonymous08: did your doctor give you aldara/imiquimod? As for giving oral sex, what is known is that people who have ano-genital HPV are more likely to have traces of viral proteins in their saliva. Receiving, it would be advisable not to receive oral sex, as ano-genital HPV can infect the mouth. Oral HPV is less common and less likely to show symptoms, but that is a gamble that is best avoided. If you have warts present, you are contagious, and it will be best to slow down for a bit and complete your treatment. Should you choose to have sex, make sure you are honest with your partner(s) about your condition. According to the CDC, HPV is transient in most people, so as long as you go through with your treatment and don't have symptoms for a few months after, you will be good as new.

Closed Thread