It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
(female)

Confused24 HB User
Wart without contact? From friction?

Hi everyone,

Hoping you can help, completely mortified and not sure where to go help so please be kind!

A few weeks ago I was suffering with a separate and unrelated condition that basically left me in a lot of pain pretty much all day every day. I was on various medication but the only thing that really helped relieve the pain temporarily was orgasm (could be worse treatments right...?) Anyway, as a result I ended up trying to achieve orgasm more than I normally would and it could take some time due to the pain.

A while ago I noticed a tiny (2mm ish) hard bump on my labia majora. Without being too graphic I assumed it was just caused by friction as, well...it was placed exactly where there was friction from my hand (told you this was embarrassing).

Anyway, it's still there a few weeks on, hasn't got any bigger and I wasn't too worried about it. I have been tested since I last had sexual contact (clear) and I know my partner didn't have anything and hasn't been diagnosed with anything since (as sure as anyone can be about these things). However, I started Googling and now have the fear it could be a wart. It's hard (unlike a blister), flatish and mainly flesh coloured but perhaps slightly darker. Not sure if it's relevant but it's not near the vagina, much 'higher up'. According to Google genital warts can take on this appearance so now I'm freaking out a bit. The virus would have had to have been in my system for 2yrs+ before appearing which I guess is possible?

However, it seems to coincedental with the positioning and the friction, can warts be caused by friction? Appreciate any advice on this! I can't get to a Dr. right away so relying on the net for info at the moment (the searches I've done so far are terrifying lol

Thanks for reading

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
Re: Wart without contact? From friction?

Initially I was thinking in-grown hair, but the duration of the lump is a bit suspicious. You are best off consulting with a doctor, who will be more knowledgeable and able to give you a visual examination.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
(female)

Confused24 HB User

Thanks Switch. I'm pretty sure it's not an ingrown hair as it's not painful or pimple like. Trip to the doctors is inevitable I guess

Sorry, another question if that's ok...I put some normal skin oil (like moisturiser) on and within a couple of hours it's really gone down, can barely feel it now, would this happen if it was a wart or would moisturiser etc not have an effect?

Last edited by Confused24; 09-01-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User

A moisturizer would not reduce the presence of a wart. It is more than likely an ingrown hair, which can definitely be severe. In some cases, ingrown hairs can become infected, which can cause them to last much longer. They can even become abscesses if left unresolved. Keep an eye on it, and if it goes away on its own or breaks and bleeds, or produces puss, it was an ingrown hair.

Closed Thread