It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2001, 06:30 AM   #1

Sunny26 HB User
Question How can I tell my futute partners I have HPV?

I am a 26 year old female. I have had HPV now for 4 years. I have just seperated from my boyfriend.(whom gave this to me) How will I find the words to tell a future partner I have this sexually transmitted disease???
I have no visible signs of the warts and I have been treated with the aldara cream. Last few check ups I have had were clear of any warts.
Will there be someone out there that will understand this?? The thoughts of giving someone this scares the life out of me??
Thus hinders me from being comfortable enough to be able to be sexually active again.
Please if someone would care to respond >>I would appriciated it greatly

Old 06-06-2001, 07:44 PM   #2

Happy2001 HB User
I replied with this same info. under my post. This is the best I have seen on this very touchy subject one that Im struggling with as well. Click on the link below to Yahoo's HPV club a very good site thanks Madison44. By the way Madison44 if you read this where have you been??? Sorry Sunny when you get to the site go to message #24399. I hope this helps you.

Happy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2001, 06:58 AM   #3

Sunny26 HB User
Thanks Happy for replying. I'll check out the Yahoo site.
Sunny26

Old 07-27-2001, 02:53 PM   #4

teressa81 HB User
Sunny,
I am 20 and got HPV on my 18th Birthday. It terrified me so much I thought no one would ever love me again because of what I had, But I was totally wrong for some strange reason I had guys wanting me more for my mind then sex, yes it did come shortly after, but after they knew all about it did I let them past the door. I gave them all sorts of info, so they wouldn't freak out. Also that was the first thing I always told a guy. If they were like "ok well I'll call you" and never did I knew it wasnt' meant to be, But If they were like "It's okay lets still go out" then I knew they were much more mature and undserstanding than the others.
Hope that helps. But I am a very bold person,and thatt helps too.

Old 07-27-2001, 07:31 PM   #5

Sunny26 HB User
Thanks for your point of view, I have found along the way.. I have followed the same routine. I am upfront and honest with the guy. I just wanted someone else's opinions on how they dealt with the same issue. Thanks Again.. I wish you well!!
Sunny26

Old 07-28-2001, 03:01 PM   #6

PhoebeM HB User
You don't NEED to tell everyone you go out with that you have the STD, but you DO NEED to tell the person once the relationship gets to the point that you are fairly sure it will become sexual. Some relationships are not ever going to get to that point, and having the STD will certainly help you sort out the creeps from the keepers. It will make you ask again and again, is this relationship really WORTH what I will have to go through to explain it, etc.? If so, you will know and you will muster up the courage to tell the facts as they are. The important thing is to state it matter-of-factly, showing genuine concern for the other's well being and not get all freaked out about telling the person. If you get panicky or act shameful and hysterical, the other person will run...and who wouldn't? If you act informed and concerned, and very interested in the other person's well being and his or her education, then they will respond accordingly. IF they don't, you are right, it was just not meant to be.

Old 08-08-2001, 04:16 PM   #7

BabyBlues HB User
Tell a future partner about your STD as soon as possible. If they are not "scared Off", then this one is a keeper. You don't want to fall for someone then get your heart broken because this person is not willing to committ to you--not just your body. I hope things work out.

Old 08-12-2001, 06:20 PM   #8

USC HB User
Hey,
First of all don't worry. There are plenty of guys out there who will be very understanding. 2 years ago my girlfriend found out that she had HPV when she had a checkup before she went on the pill. She was really nervous in telling me, but was upfront and honest about it. We found out that HPV is extreamely common and many people carry the virus without even knowing about it. Because I loved my girlfriend, now my wife, no small disease would have stopped me from being with her. Honesty and information are the best way to go.Look at it this way, at least now you have a good way to weed out the kind of guys that you don't want to be dating anyway. Hope this helps.

Old 08-13-2001, 03:01 PM   #9

Sunny26 HB User
Smile

USC,
Thanks for the kind and understanding words. I have taken the advice you and others have so wonderfully given to me, and I am happy to say I have met a wonderful man, that is understanding with this subject. With me being honest up front with him, I too found out that he has HPV also. We both being nervous about telling the other about what we had. Thanks again to all whom have posted a message. With time and honesty we all can find a special person to share our lives with.
Sunny

[This message has been edited by Sunny26 (edited 08-13-2001).]

Closed Thread