It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 03:00 AM   #1
(female)

kijohime HB User
Angry HPV positive Pap smear, faithful 15 years!!

I am baffled! I just had my pap smear and they told me no negative cells were found but I am positive for HPV! I don't know how the HPV positive result can be true since I have had no other sex partner during this 15 years with my partner except my one and the same partner of 15 years; no symptoms, no warts, no whatever! I had two operations a couple of years ago to remove a giant mass in my uterus, maybe unclean tools?. I had surgery, trans-vaginal ultra-sound tests and speculum examinations. He has been lied to before in past relationships so this news from me is devastating. I don't know if the records got mixed up? that has to be the case. what could have given me HPV when I have no other sex partner since before my current partner? Maybe I have that HPV that doesn't go away (ie. got it before 15 years ago) and I'm doomed to cervical cancer but again, no abnormal cells <knock wood> P.S. I just went for an IVF test and the lady that gave me the trans-vaginal ultrasound (same clinic as my above surgery since the same doctor does both specialties) applied the "tool" to me with lubricant but to my horror: not a "sheathe" (condom-type covering to the "tool") that I spied on the table, I fully expected her to put the thing on the wand/tool before sticking it inside of me but she didn't!! WHY? and then after my brief exam she grabbed a sort of sanitizing "wet wipe", rubbed it around the tool a couple of times and then popped it back onto the test console. hello? I don't think alcohol wipes take out HPV? is this the reasonI got HPV? what happened to the poor lady that came after me with HPV? did she get it too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
(female)

Jen488 HB User
Re: HPV positive Pap smear, faithful 15 years!!

Hi there,

First and foremost, please take a deep breath and stop panicking.
I find it strange that despite having a normal pap, they would test you for hpv infection (often they would not bother with this unless you had an abnormal pap). What strain did they say that you were infected with?

There are over 100 strains of the HPV virus (including those that cause the common wart). The most talked about ones are strains HPV types 6 and 11 (the most common cause of genital warts), and HPV types 16 and 18 (the most common “high risk” types, and can lead to cervical cancer, and cause about 70% of all cases of cervical cancer). If you are worried about cervical cancer, getting regular pap tests is still your best defence against cervical cancer.

Many many people come into contact with the virus, become infected, don't even know about it. HPV infections can be “subclinical”, meaning the virus lives in the skin without causing symptoms. This is why many people with HPV do not know they have it or that they could spread it. It can take weeks, months or years for genital warts to surface after sexual relations with an infected person.

It is impossible to determine when or how you became infected with HPV, but the virus is resistant to drying and heat and able to survive on clothing and laboratory equipment although exact survival time is unknown. Exposure to 90% ethanol for at least 1 minute, 2% glutaraldehyde, 30% Savlon, and/or 1% sodium chloride can disinfect the virus. If you feel that the clinic was negligent and did not take appropriate sanitation measures, you can report them.

In the meantime, since you may be infected with HPV, the only real way to fight it is via your own immune system. Here are some tips on how to boost your own immune system so that it can better fight the HPV virus in general:

1. Diet: eliminate all refined, process, pre-packaged foods and sugar. Increase your daily intake of fresh fruits and vegetables to 8-10 servings a day (1 serving = 1/2 cup). Make sure you are eating enough protein (very important to immune function).

2. Supplements: a good quality probiotic, Vitamin C, and a product I love called Papillex (designed specifically for HPV infections) will all help boost your immune system.

3. Exercise and stress management - also vital to overall health and immune support. Opt for minimum 30 minutes a day of mild to moderate exercise, such as brisk walking. Or buy yourself a rebounder (those mini trampolines) and jump on that for 30 minutes a day.

Best of luck

Closed Thread

Tags
hpv

« Worried | Hello »