It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
(male)

vin27 HB User
genital warts in committed relationship

Hello all,

Wanted to know if anyone could give me advice on my current situation. I initially developed a visible genital wart (dr diagnosed) over 2 years ago, 3 months after I started dating my current girlfriend, and 6 months after the end of my previous relationship. I first tried aldara cream with no success, and then began treating at home with ACV (works amazingly well, if you can stand the smell ) I have continued to have reoccurring outbreaks from time to time, and have treated them successfully when they appear. My gf and I continued and still do continue to have unprotected sex because we figured she would of have already of been infected, or possibly infected me in the first place, and there was nothing that could be averted at that point. Questions are as follows-

- can having sex when an active wart is present, spread my lesions further or increase her chances of developing warts? (We try to avoid having sex when present, but sometimes lesions go unnoticed because of small size)

-why has she never developed visible genital warts? (She goes in for annual pap and tests continue to come out negative)

-any ideas/experiences of when warts will stop reoccurring? It has been over 2 years and I am continuing to have them

I seem to have developed a bit of anxiety and obsession with this and am looking very forward to the day when I don't have to worry if every little bump is a wart.

Thank you in advance to any helpful advice and if I can help answer anyone's questions to help them, I would be more then happy to do so. Thanks again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
(female)

jodew71 HB User
Re: genital warts in committed relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a miracl View Post
Hi maybe if u would of did research when u first were diagnosed 2yrs ago and followed the rules for clearing the gw and the whole damn virus... Like drinking omega 3 multiviamins and no smoking and work out atleast 3 times a week... Have u put any effort to clear this damm virus or were u just waiting for a miracle??
Wow! Based on what you wrote I shouldn't have GW because I DO take multivitamins, I DON'T and have never smoked and when I was diagnosed I WAS working out at least 3 times a week.

FYI.. the virus can lay dormant for YEARS before you have an outbreak and once you have it you have it for life. Depending on what you read 20% of the population has the HPV virus but many of them never get the outbreaks.

I had my first outbreak about 6 months after my boyfriend and I had broken up. I wasn't sleeping around so either he gave it to me (he SAID he got tested and it was negative) or I had it and it wasn't until I was going through a stressful time that I had my first outbreak. I've gone years without having an outbreak and then something stressful happens and I have an outbreak every few months. I don't take medication for it, I just find that the dryer you keep the area, the quicker it goes away.

Vin27, read through this article on the US National Library of Medicine website and it will give you a bit more information. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001889/

Last edited by Administrator; 02-01-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
genital warts, hpv, unprotected sex