It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
(male)

seekinghelp317 HB User
Please help with questions about HPV

So this is my issue, and is only made worse because I can be very OCD. I had made out with a girl who had genital HPV 7 years ago and has been to the doctor very often since and has been told that she has no sign of it, but there is no way to tell if she is still a carrier.

We only had oral contact. She had no sores or anything like that. My first question is what is the possibility that I have it? Next and much more pressing to me. If I do in fact have it. I had went to a restaurant with someone the other day and I had been drinking a lemonade. About 3-5min later, they dipped their straw in for a very small taste. What are the chances that they are at risk?

Finally, both her and the person that gave it to her have not had warts or anything associated with the symptoms, am I still at risk for cancer even though they have not had anything of that nature? Any other advice would be great and thank you in advance.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
(female)

Danigirl73 HB User
Re: Please help with questions about HPV

HPV is transmitted through sexual intercourse. Once it has been diagnosed to having it, there is NO getting rid of it. There can be times where there is no outbreak, but you will not know in a female because it is internal. Men have it and it is called genital warts. If a man has a wart and does not know what it is and has unprotected sex, he can then transmit it to the female, thus HPV. It is very common in women. Most women will not even know they have it until an outbreak has occurred during a pap smear. So, kissing or sharing a drink will not transmit the disease. Just like with HIV, you cannot contract it through kissing or sharing drinks or food. If you are needing information about std's, I recommend going to your local health department and speaking to the counselors there. They are very educated. Educate yourself properly so that you can protect yourself properly.
Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread