It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
(female)

meeo12 HB User
Vaccinated but Exposed.

Hi everyone,

Well, I figured I'd post in here so that I can hopefully calm down a bit. My boyfriend was diagnosed with a genital wart about 3 months ago. He told me this was a reactivation of a distant past infection (over 2 years ago). He got it treated, and it hasn't recurred. I am fully vaccinated with Gardasil, and we decided to have protected sex for the first time a few days ago. He insisted upon wearing his boxers during sex (lol) so as to minimize skin contact. However, yesterday, after we had sex for only the second time ever, when he was washing up, he discovered a very small genital wart that the dermatologist missed. He immediately panicked and started crying because he felt so bad that I was exposed to an active wart. I'm not THAT worried about it, but seeing his reaction made me freak out a little. Even though I'm vaccinated, a condom was used, and his boxers were left on (which covered the area where the new wart is), am I at any real risk here? Anyone have any reassuring words?

Last edited by meeo12; 01-05-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
(male)

hpvmale HB User
Re: Vaccinated but Exposed.

Although those are good precautions it can not prevent the passing of HPV 100%. Although the area was covered he may still have the virus in other areas. All you can really do is keep being careful and visit your gyno to have a pap smear or get tested.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
(female)

meeo12 HB User
Re: Vaccinated but Exposed.

Luckily he's getting a biopsy done of the new wart to confirm the HPV type, but the dermatologist is very confident it's 6/11, which is covered by the vaccine, so I'll be fine. Thank God for Gardasil.

Closed Thread

« hpv in men | Hpv??? »