It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

irene100384 HB User
Question hpv in men

How does hpv present itself in men ? Is it only in the form of warts regardless of the strain ? Or do the same rules apply for both sexes, if it causes warts for one then it should cause warts for the other , confussed about this please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
(male)

hpvmale HB User
Re: hpv in men

HPV in men is only detected with warts, which is most cases are just low-risk strains, but that doesn't mean they aren't a carrier of a high-risk strain. There is no way to be able to tell otherwise. I got genital warts when my girlfriend had no visible warts herself, some people's bodies are able to suppress it while others can't.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
(female)

irene100384 HB User

6 years we've been together and no matter what I say or what his doc tells him he still doesn't wanna believe he has the chance of having it. He says that he has to see it to believ it but if there is now way to test for it other than keeping an eye out for warts how can I convince him that he most likley has it its hurting me to see him pull away like he's affriad to be near me sometimes. U think its too late and I should just let him go and just be alone for the rest of my life?

Old 01-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
(male)

hpvmale HB User

I don't understand, do you currently have them or have you had them before? Like I said, some people's bodies react differently than others. He may not show signs now but he could one day, this virus can be dormant for many years. It is also possible to clear the warts and the virus after 2 years.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
(female)

irene100384 HB User

Had warts but they went away on their own I guess. when I started taking vitamins( I read that folic acid levels are generaly lower in people with hpv ,) so I started takin a prenatal and b12 and a,c,e and whatever I could to raise my immune system. But while that was happening my pap came back abnormal (low grade) went for a colposcpy and it came back high grade and now I have a loop at the end of the month.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
(female)

irene100384 HB User

I only asked about the warts cause it seems that's the only way he will ever believe that he has hpv. Just grasping at straws to save what I could , but I guess it doesn't matter cause it seems like what I've been told before, if u gotta ask then u already know the answer, right? Thanks for talkin to me though I thank u.

Closed Thread