It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #1
(female)

actual11 HB User
Gardasil and HPV

Hello.can you send information and help me please..I haven't had any gardasil shot yet and I also don't have HPV. I am interested in someone who has HPV types 6 and 11 that cause genital warts. If I get gardasil will that vaccine guard me properly against genital warts and HPV 6,11? Also how many years will it guard? and I am 29 year old female does gardasil really work for women my age ?
Already thanks for the answers..

Old 01-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #2
(female)

actual11 HB User
Exclamation HPV! please answer

Is there someone who had 3 of gardasil shots and despite of it caught HPV 6,11??

Last edited by actual11; 01-20-2013 at 06:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

starryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB User
Re: Gardasil and HPV

An FDA pdf states the ingredients IN the Gardasil have NOT been approved for commercial use under the Food, Drug Cosmetic Act, the Public Health Service Act or the Virus-Serum-Toxin Act. \

Those allergic to YEAST should NOT take the vaccine!! I might add.
Here is the pdf: http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dockets/07p0210/07p-0210-ccp0001-01-vol1.pdf

When you read from doctors they say NO MULTIPLE PARTNERS. And to Use a condom. HPV usually goes away on its own - it is CONSTANT infections that cause the problem.

I know someone that got genital warts...she had them burned off, six years ago. Never came back.

Be careful out there. Good luck and good health.

Last edited by starryGal09; 01-22-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
(female)

actual11 HB User

starryGal09 thank you for the answer I will keep searching for gardasil ..

Old 01-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User

Any vaccine for a non-fatal disease must be approximately 90% efficacious before it will be released to the public. No vaccine (not even a flu shot) is guaranteed 100%, but it is better than no vaccine at all. I would say that it is worthwhile, due to the fact that it immunizes you against HPV 16 and 18, the ones that cause cancer. Types 6 and 11 are also covered, and it has been found to be somewhat efficacious against less common forms of genital HPV as well.
It is unknown whether or not Gardasil is efficacious for a lifetime, as it is still new, and the first study cohorts have yet to receive titer tests to measure their immunity. When I got my last shot, my LPN had indicated that it is likely that some people may need a booster after ten or so years, which is common for some vaccinations (Hep B for example). Should you choose to get the shots, it does not become effective until the second shot. Make sure to alternate arms, too. It is a high volume vaccination, and it takes a long time for the fluid to dissipate into your body.
And of course, always use a condom, and there is no substitute for honesty and safer sex practices. You may want to consider a female condom for intercourse (that is if this person is a man. no heteronormative discrimination here). They provide more complete coverage of the external genetalia than a male condom does. If your partner is female, a dental dam is recommended for oral sex. Don't let anyone shame you for choosing abstinence either. Your body, your choice.

Pro sexy tip: if you need a dental dam on the fly, get a condom and a pair of scissors, and cut it from the side all the way to the middle, making a radial cut on the condom. Pull it out of the packaging and unroll it, and it lays flat, just like a dental dam.

Last edited by Switch96; 01-27-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
(female)

actual11 HB User

Switch96 thank you for your answer.. they're helpful advices thanks a lot..
You encouraged me for the vaccine. I was worried that it won't guard me and warts also will appear on me. However I haven't heard or read yet that gardasil doesn't protect if you get it before infection..

Closed Thread