It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
(female)

Veronica553 HB User
Question HPV/Mild Dysplasia

I am having an issue with bleeding during, and after intercourse. This happened in November, December and just yesterday. Sometimes after I have sex with my husband and I go to urinate it burns. The bleeding was pink in the past, and now yesterday it was a dark red mixed with pink. I have been checked for STD's and the results came back negative for all. I don't understand why this is happening. I set up an appointment for next month to have my 6 month pap. Right now I am spotting very little. I am so confused. Has anyone gone through this situation?

Old 01-29-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
(female)

Jen488 HB User
Re: HPV/Mild Dysplasia

Hi there,

Bleeding during and after intercourse could also be due to mechanical trauma/friction (are you using lubricant/do you experience vaginal dryness), or possible irritation from yourmethods of contraception (are you using latex condoms, or possible have an IUD?) or lubricant.

It's good that you've been tested for STIs, and hopefully your upcoming pap test will give you some more information to go on. You may perhaps also want to repeat the vaginal swab for STIs just as a precaution, and consider being tested for other organisms such as yeast.

Have you looked into having an abdominal ultrasound to determine if the source of the bleeding could be due to something else (i.e. endometriosis, fibroids, etc.)?

Hope this helps, and best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread