It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
(female)

Wantslifeback HB User
Unhappy Hpv

I have some questions and would like some opions from other woman. I was diagnosed with HPV at the age of 17, Now at 32 I am testing positive for it again and looking at having my 4th or 5 th leep procedure. My husband and I are tossing around the idea of me having a hysterectomy instead of going through this every couple years or so! My judgement is clouded due to recently loosing my mother in law an my aunt to cancer ( both in the last 3 months). My colcoscopy results always come back positive for cancerous cells and with everything we have been through I am really leaning towards having a hysterectomy. I have already had 5 children and do not wish to have anymore. I had my tubes tied 9 years ago. I have painful periods with heavy bleeding and ovarian cysts linked to my menstruated cycle that are very painful. Would like to know what others think of the idea? I am still awaiting my latest colcoscopy results from this most recent abnormal pap. The dr did however say upon visual inspection I would need another leep procedure. Kinda tired of tis and thinking a hysterectomy is the right way to go! Please help

Old 02-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
Re: Hpv

A hysterectomy is a major procedure, but if you think it may improve your quality of life, then it is an option. Definitely get a second opinion, as well. It sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this, and I think that you, your doctor, and your hubby will make the right decision no matter what that may be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply