It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
(female)

catedesco109 HB User
HPV and abnormal cells

Hi last February I had a pap which came back high risk hpv. I had my repeart pap last week that shows I still have the high risk hpv but now with abnormal cells. I went in today for a colposcopy, the doctor said the out cervix looked ok but took the biopsy from the inside. My question is how long does hpv go away on it's ownl. Also my doctor had in my medical record notes that states HPV in favor of hyperplasia. What does this mean please? And if my outside of cervix looks fine why would she go inside of my cervix to take the biopsy?

Old 02-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
(female)

catedesco109 HB User
Re: HPV and abnormal cells

Hi is there anyone out there that can reply back with answers?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
Re: HPV and abnormal cells

For the biopsy, it is often necessary to observe cells at many different levels. The virus infects the cells that it wants to, and may have spared the external cervical cells.

Hyperplasia is the rapid reproduction of cells, which results in enlargement of the tissue. It is quite normal for virally infected tissue to reproduce rapidly. From what I have read, most people do not progress into the dysplasia stage, which is precancerous. If they do, the tissue is immediately excised, and that tends to take care of it. The colposcopy procedure likely removed much of the hyperplastic tissue. Your doctor's decision to carry out the colposcopy was an aggressive move, as not all doctors will opt to remove tissue that is currently harmless. I definitely argue that it was the right one.

According to the CDC, about 90% of people will clear HPV with their own immune system in about 2 years. Something of 60% by the first year. If anything, patience and a good diet will get you through it. Daily multivitamin and folic acid for sure. I swear by the concotion of vitamin A and D supplements and l-lysene tabs as well.

Reply Reply